Chapter 4

*Styles' POV*

"You have to be fucking kidding me?" I scoffed, watching Dani and Zayn walk out the pizza parlor.

Jessi looked up from her pizza, a pizza sauce ring around her mouth. Wiping with her napkin she looked in the direction I was. She only laughed and muttered, "Score 1 for Dani, zero for me."

""Who the hell she thinks she is to waltz off with him?" The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could stop them. I cursed under my breath knowing what was coming next.

"Umm Styles? You're in America now, who the fuck says 'waltz' anymore? Any why do you care?"

"Oh yea, sorry. Who the hell she thinks she is to 'twerk' off with him? Better?"

Jessi laughed, "Shut up not all Americans twerk."

"You were twerking on Luke last night though."

"I'm just one girl I can't represent the whole population of American girls."

I shrugged, "That's all the proof I need."

She pursed her lips, "You're trying to get me off topic. Styles why would you care if Dani and Zayn went out together."

"They don't go out." I said, looking at the arcade games with disinterest.

"That's not what I meant so don't snap on me."

"I wasn't snapping just clearly stating facts. And what, I can't worry about my lad dating a whore?"

Jessi sat there, having nothing to say. Stumbling over words that finally came out a slow smile spread across her face, "Out of my three years of knowing you, even at your worst you would never insult a girl. But why her? A girl you never met. Why spread a false rumor if you don't know her. Why were you so quickly to diss her in Lit and defend her in the halls?"

My eyebrows raised, "You were snooping in on our conversation again weren't you?"

"Word travels fast in Bradford and you know it so stop playing games with me," She cocked her head to the side, "Styles do you like her?"

"No! Never! She's a whore!" I said a little too quickly.

"You have a funny way of showing it Styles." Jessi mumbled.

"I don't Jessi now shut up."

"Is Zayn in your first period?"

I stayed quiet.

"He told you about her?"

Again, I stayed quiet looking down at the floor.

"He told me about her. And I think he told you. You saw her before haven't you?" She paused thinking, "Styles you do know I can read you like a book right?"

"Yea but that doesn't always mean I'm a book you can interpret." I said quietly, too tired to try to defend myself to Jessi, she's already cracked the code.

"When did you see her?"

I let out a sigh of defeat, "Yesterday."

"When yesterday? You weren't here at the Pizzeria were you?" Jessi smirked, "Lurking ass aren't we?"

"No. . . ."

Jessi laughed, "Then when did you see her if you weren't here to meet her?"

When I did answer I heard her mutter something like "Bitch." A chair scrubbed against the ground, from the corner of my eye I saw Jessi was getting up and leaning against the table. Before she left all she said was, "You're such a sweet asshole Styles."