Ch. 2: A Challenge

Alice has been spending a lot of time over at Matthias and Amanda's house. One day, after finishing their discussion for the day, Alice hangs out on the couch with some beer Matthias gave her. After a few minutes, J-Fred strolls into the room casually. "Hello amigos," he sighs as he lays back casually on one of the couches.

"Joey, how many times do we have to tell you to knock first instead of just walking into our house?" Matthias groans.

"Oh yeah...oops," J-Fred giggles. Soon after, Bryan arrives and they all get ready to shoot some Team Edge videos. 

Amanda leaves to go shopping, and just as Alice begins to walk out the front door, Matthias rushes in and grabs her arm. "We need a judge, and you're going to be it!"

He begins to pull her out the door as Alice restrains. "What? No! Find some other judge!" she yells. Matthias sits her down onto a chair outside before she can say another word. 

"Hello everyone this is Team Edge, and today, we are doing the gymnastics challenge," Bryan begins saying to the camera. Alice has never been in a YouTube video, so she is nervous and squeamish. She shifts uncomfortably in her chair. "Each of us will have to complete a gymnastics move, and our judge," he continues as he motions to Alice, "will then choose whoever does the best move." 

After the guys begin to fail horribly, Alice starts to warm up to being in front of the camera. She almost forgets it is there as she sits there and laughs. 

"Alright, now we have to do the handstand," Matthias pants. J-Fred gets up into the air, but then topples backwards and nearly takes Bryan out in the process.

"I know it's hard to believe I am a professional gymnast," J-Fred announces to the camera as he stands back up, "but you better believe it."

They attempt cartwheels next, which do not go much better. "You guys are horrible at this," Alice mutters.

"Well do you think you can do any better?" J-Fred barks. 

Alice smirks. "I know I can." She stands up and clears the way. She runs and swings herself up into the air perfectly, and just as the three guys are admiring her, she comes crashing into the landing. It is too late. Her shoulder rams right into someone, and they both slam onto the ground hard. 

They lie on the ground like that for a moment in shock. As Alice blinks her eyes a couple times, she realizes that she is lying directly on top of J-Fred. Her body is sprawled out across him with her head resting on his shoulder. Her heart flutters as  Immediately she shoves herself off of him and scrambles into a standing position. She blushes immensely as everyone laughs hysterically. 

J-Fred just laughs as he stands up and makes fun of her. She hopes she will never have to do another challenge with them again.