Chapter 5

Today was the day.

The day Danaerys and Mark could definitely wait for.

You know those days your excited for and really want to arrive? Danaerys and Mark did not feel that way about today.

Today was the day they had to go on the run, those who've been in this place for a while don't want to go on the run, why? Because there's more of a chance you'll die on a run.

Danaerys and Mark meet each other by one of the cars. "Hey mark," Danaerys says, sighing deeply, "today's the day we couldn't wait to come." She says sarcastically.

"Yeah I know," Mark replies, sighing deeply, "let's get this run over with"

They hop in the car with Robbie and some other guy they don't know the name of.

After what seems like forever they reach a town. Shop windows broken, small patches of graffiti here and there. Mostly items strewn on the floor, shops broken with a majority burnt to the ground.

Zombies walking aimlessly down the street, occasionally bumping into each other. It seems as though they haven't had food in a while.

Danaerys looks around, squinting to see further, "Seems like this place is deserted," she whispers, trying not to draw the attention of the zombies, "we can't be sure though, we may have to tread carefully."

Robbie is the first to get out of the car, telling the others to wait until he gives them the signal to follow him. He creeps up next to a building and looks round.

Seems to be clear, there are many zombies around but not too many, enough that allows them to get through.

He signals back, waving slightly to tell them to come forward.

Danaerys is the first to leave followed by Mark then the man they don't know the name of, each one quietly closes the door.

"Right," Robbie whispers, "Me and Danaerys will go to the shop first, once inside we'll check to make sure it's empty, clear of both human and zombie, once it's clear well signal for Mark and Donovan to come. But move quietly, we don't want to draw zombies. Once you guys are inside we'll raid the place for any supplies left, got the plan?"

Every nods as Danaerys and Robbie, slowly make their way to the shop. Once inside Danaerys takes the right and Robbie take the left, both searching for zombies or humans. After roughly an hour of searching they come up clean and signal for Donovan and Mark to join them.

They gather the few supplies they need and head back to the car and back to base.

Danaerys sighs as she gets home. Today as been a long day, she knows they got lucky on the run, if not for Robbie's plan they could all be dead, or worse, zombies.

Danaerys sighs one last time before going to bed, it was a long day, and all she really wants to do is rest.