11.

When I wake up, Zander is gone. I'm in the tree all alone.

"Zander!?" I yell in a whisper.

No response.

"Zander!?" I yell a bit louder.

Boom.

"ZANDER!" I yell and try to jump from the tree, but end up falling.

I scream as I fall, but somebody catches me.

I look up into the eyes of Zander.

"Zander, you scared me to death!!" I say before hugging him while still in his arms.

He puts me down.

"Don't worry Ray, I was just going out to find some food. I shot a rabbit," he says, holding up the rabbit.

"Thank you, but don't leave without telling me again," I say and we both laugh.

We make a small fire and cook the rabbit. The juicyness of the meat makes me happy.

After finishing the whole rabbit, we decide to keep walking.

Crack.

"Did you hear that?" I ask.

We both look around. Suddenly, a big mountain lion mutt jumps out of nowhere.

We both freeze, and Zander slowly steps in front of me.

The lion stands there and stares at us and growls.

Suddenly it jumps at us, but Zander pushes me out of the way just in time.

The lion turns around and walks around us in circles.

Zander stays in front of me. He has a knife in his right hand and his left hand is out, shielding me from the lion.

The lion pounces again, and slashes at Zander's left leg. It doesn't do top much damage, but I can see a bit of red appear on his pants.

Zander throws one of his knives, which hits the lion on the leg. It falls over in pain.

I take out an arrow and shoot it at the lion.

I hit it in the chest, but not at the right part of it.

Zander throws another knife right between its eyes and kills it.

Just when we think we're safe, two more appear out of the woods.

Zander takes the bigger one and I take the smaller one.

I shoot two arrows, both hitting it's legs, causing it to fall, before I shoot it between the eyes like Zander did.

Zander kills his easilly.

Suddenly, an even bigger one appears.

It lunges at me, and I take the knife out of my pocket and slash at it. I manage to cut its ear, but that angers it.

Suddenly, it throws me backwards and my head hits the tree.

My vision goes blurry and my head hurts too bad to think.

The last thing I see before I black out is the mountain lion pounce at Zander.

********

I wake up and try to sit, but you head throbs.

"It's ok, lay back down, you're fine," Zander says.

"Zander?" I ask.

"Yeah, I killed the mountain lion, I'm ok now. We're ok now," he replies.