Arranged

-Eli-

"Eliana....comere please."

     I pulled myself up off of one of the plastic covered couches placed in my living room at the sound of my mother's voice. Great...what does she want? I made my way into my parents room and carelessly flopped down on the foot of their bed whilst pulling my phone out.

"Can you put that away please. We need to talk about some shit."

     Yeah Aite, mufucka. I put my shit in my pocket and sat up to look at both of my parents standing  agitatedly near the wall adjacent to their bed. Fuck....they look serious.

"Look, I'm not going to even bother yelling at you or turning this into an argument. Why? Because what I'm about to say is final and I will not have you going against, Aite?"

     I didn't even bother to respond, honestly, my father should know me by now. I don't do direct orders.

"You're getting married."

     I snapped my head up and looked at him like he was out of his bald ass mind.

"The fuck do you mean I'm getting married!"

     He took a leering step towards me and squinted his eyes as if to prove a point.

"I mean you're getting married! I put up with this dyke shit long enough, and at first it didn't appear to be a problem. Now you're around here, putting our family at risk, our gang at risk, and my empire at risk. How can you be next in line when you can't even be loyal to your people?"

     I started to object, but he wasted no time in quickly cutting me off.

"No! Don't say anything! I'm going to fix you! You will not see that little bitch of yours again. You'll be marrying Ernesto, he's a respectable soldier from another clique of Ms13. That's final."

     Is he fucking kidding me? What year did he think this was? He can't just arrange my marriage!

"Nah, I'm not doing this shit! You know I'm gay! Why do you insist on trying to change me?"

     He sat down next to me and attempted to wrap his arm around me in a comforting gesture.

"You'll do this to insure your loyalty, so that I can leave this empire to you. You'll make me plenty of grandkids to pass my bloodline on to, and you'll stop our clique and theirs from being at war."

     It was in that moment that I realized his true motives behind all of this.

"You're using me as a device to end beef between you a clique we're at war with? After you sat here and made me feel like shit for Dating somebody outside of my gang?"

     I quickly snatched my arm away from him and hopping up off the bed.

"No mija....it's only one of the factors. Furthermore, I'm keeping peace between a different clique within our same gang. You're sleeping with someone outside of Ms13 all together. You might as well keep your mouth shut because there's no way you're getting out of this. If you want to be next in line to be shot caller of Mara Salvatrucha, you will do as I say!"

     With that, my parents dismissed me from their room, but not before my mother wrapped her arms around my shoulders in a tight embrace.

"Oh Eliana, my baby....I know you're upset, and I know this all seems wrong, but I know it's what's best for you in the end. You're 16, this gay lifestyle may seem pleasant now, but what about your future. Don't you want kids and a legacy? You'll see that we made the best decision for you."