{53}

*destiny's p.o.v.*

~friday, september 11, 2015~

"you ready?"

this morning, odell and i were on his jet, flying over to texas and i was about to fucking scream.

i meet odell's family tomorrow and..fuck..im scared for my life.

tonight, they're driving from the new orleans to houston (they have family there that they're gonna stay with for one night). then tomorrow, they're driving here to dallas from houston and are staying at the same hotel as us until sunday which is gameday. then we're gonna take a short flight from dallas to the new orleans and head home on wednesday. *sigh*

i looked out of the window and watched us fly downwards until we were rolling smoothly on the runway.

"you okay?" odell asked, putting his hand on my thigh before helping me stand up.

"no."

he softly laughed and looked me in my eyes, telling me that i'll be okay.

i took my bags from the overhead department and followed odell outside where an uber was already there, waiting for us.

"go inside, i'll put our stuff in the trunk." he said to me. i opened the door to the car, saying hi to the driver and got settled in.

a couple seconds later, odell got in too with his phone up to his ear. the uber driver said hello and odell nodded his head then we were off to our hotel. i think im meeting his teammates and coach too. god damn it.

"yeah, we just landed a couple minutes ago." he said. "we're heading over to the hotel now."

he paused to listen to the other person before saying "ard, man." then hanging up.

"who was that?" i asked him.

"brad's corny ass." he replied, now switching over to imessage to text a couple of people.

it seems like he never gets a break, but i don't think he minds so i don't speak on it. i'll let him hustle and do what he gotta do.

about 25 minutes later, we arrived at the hotel. we thanked the driver, got our things out the trunk and went inside to check in.

i've been checking in and out of hotel rooms lately, along with using uber and lyft instead of driving an actual car. i never realized how busy i've been. i almost forgot that i start college again next week too.

once we got our key card, we headed up to the 7th floor that was booked entirely for the team. wow.

odell walked up and down the hallways with me trailing behind, mumbling the room numbers as he walked past them.

"502, here." he said, quickly unlocking the door. he went in with his bags and held the door open until i was in the room too.

it was a regular hotel room, nothing special about it, other than the fact that there's two beds instead of one.

i put my bags down and threw myself onto one bed, rolling around until i was comfortable and then closed my eyes, hoping that i'll fall asleep.

"there may be two beds but you're still sleeping with me." he said, sitting on the edge and putting his hand through my hair.

"yeah we'll see." i mumbled.

after about 10-15 minutes of settling in, odell thought it was a good time for me to go meet everyone. "everyone" meaning his team.