{69}

*destiny's p.o.v.*

~third quarter~

the first half is over and still no catches for odell. i overheard someone say that this was the first time in his entire two year nfl career that he went an entire first half without making at least one catch. poor baby..

brad and i were sitting on the bench, talking about our christmas plans for this year when i saw two guys getting awfully close to our sidelines. it made the giants' staff step back to avoid getting hit and one guy moved back so close to me that he almost tripped and fell into my lap. brad tried to look ahead for who the two football players were but whistles were blown and everyone was everywhere.

a few seconds later, on the big screen across and above from us, a close-up of one of the referees caught my eye.

"pass interference, offense, number 13."

again? another penalty? are you serious?

once the referee turned off his mic, brad couldn't do anything but shake his head in disappointment of his friend. i didn't blame him. all of this fighting and penalties against him is totally out of his character.

"alright, i'll be back." brad said, hitting me in my leg before getting up and putting his helmet on. as he left the field, odell came back on the sides.

"seriously, yo?" i said as he got closer. he reached behind me for his giants' beanie and put it on, covering his wild hair that sure as hell needed to be covered.

before he could speak, he was pulled away by his position coach. i watched the two men talk and odell started to get mad again, using his hands and the rest of his body as he spoke. i guess he was explaining the pass interference incident.

a few minutes later, he came back over to me and just as he did, the panthers had scored yet another touchdown. 35-7 carolina.

"i can't do this shit anymore." odell said to me, rolling his eyes. i cupped his face with my hands and gave him a kiss then looked him in his eyes. one of us has to have faith.

"yes, you can. you got this, babe.." i tried to say in a soothing voice. it's kind of hard to do that when you're slowly becoming pissed off.

"no," he said sternly. "it's just not working today. i fucked up every single catch and josh isn't helping the situation."

"it's okay, o.."

"NO, IT'S NOT OKAY!"

"FINE, IT'S ALL FUCKED UP. DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER?!"

i took a step back from him before he started to hit me and took a second to collect myself before things got out of hand. im so moody right now. one minute, i feel sorry for odell and the next minute, i wanted to fight him.

"look, you're about to go back onto the field and i bet you're gonna make that first catch." i assured.

"yeah, we'll see." he mumbled. he gave me the beanie on his head and replaced it with his helmet before leaving me again.

this time, instead of sitting and watching the game from the bench, i stood closer by the edge to get a better view. to make sure i didn't try to run onto the field again, brad stood guard next to me.