{13}

*odell's p.o.v.*

i'm currently driving myself and destiny to times square. the reason why i wanted to take destiny there at night is because times square is beautiful when it's dark out. the bright lights from the buildings and signs makes everything pop out.

i looked over at destiny. she had her head laying against the window, looking straight ahead.

i thought about what happened today. she said she felt like someone was watching and following her. as soon as she told me, i heard the voice in my head again.

"i'd make sure you don't leave your girlfriend by herself. i wouldn't want her to get hurt.."

i couldn't help but think that the person destiny feared today is the same person i once was close with.

i saw destiny jump up in her seat, as if a random burst of energy came over her. she turned the volume up and screamed "I LOVE THIS SONG!"

i looked down at the phone and the song was "oui" by jeremih. there was a bit of traffic where we were so every now and then, i looked over to destiny to watch her dance.

singing along with jeremih, she started grinding her seat which caused my eyes to widen.

this girl is testing me..

she reached over and grabbed me by my face and sang her heart out.

"hate to say you know that love is blind. im bout to see, i'll close my eyes."

then she kissed me on my cheek and sat back in her seat like it was nothing.

i looked at her in amazement. she had an amazing voice. and it's really crazy how good she makes me feel on the inside. i feel like it's a priority that i give this girl the world.

she reached over and grabbed my face again.

"long as you around me, i swear that everything will be just fine. i wish that we could take some time. go anywhere baby, i dont mind. grown man, in my suit and tie. hey, there's no 'oui' without you and i."

i smiled at the last few words as i pulled into a parking spot a couple blocks away from times square. we got out of the car and i went over to her to hold her hand, still being mindful of what happened earlier.

i watched her take pictures of the lights and buildings as we got closer. she looked up at me like a puppy and smiled. i could tell she was happy and im honestly glad that she was.

"let's take a picture together then go shopping. i wanna find something to wear to ben's party." she said, pulling me towards someone.

i handed the man my phone and asked if he could take our picture. we took one normal picture and we took another one where we kissed. the man gave me back my phone and i thanked him as he walked away. as i looked over the pictures, destiny tugged on my shirt.

"o, let's go in here." she said, pointing at the h&m store next to us.

i put my phone in my back pocket and took her inside. turns out this was both one of our favorite places to shop so we'll definitely be leaving out of here with hella bags.

an hour and a half later, we walked out of h&m and continued walking around. destiny looked so amazed by everything.

the whole night consisted of laughs and good vibes. it was always a good time with her now that i think about it. she made me forget about everything i was ever worried about.

i took her into the gucci store which was a little bit of a mistake. i was holding up a dark red leather high top sneaker that had adjustable straps on the back with "GUCCI" printed on it and told her that i liked it.