The Facility

I lift my head up slowly. The migraine grows intensely. A horrible pain in my leg reminds me that I have other problems. I push myself to look down. A steel beam crushes my leg, and I almost can't feel it. I hope it's not broken. The sound of screams brings me back to the odd place I'm in. The interior is all cold steel. Tall beams hold up the stairwell. I use my powers to lift the beam off my leg and I place it down quietly. I don't want to attract any attention.

I pull myself of the ground and go down the last flight of stairs. I guess everyone else got down before the water hit, but I can't believe they just left me there. Where did the water come from anyways, and where is everyone? Okay. Questions later because now I need to find the others. I limp slowly through the hall, using the wall to hold myself up. I'm definitely not in fighting condition right now, so I hope I don't run into any trouble. Just as I turn the corner, someone crashes into me. We both stand and immediately realize we're safe. Clara.

"Clara! Are you okay?!" I ask, frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You?" she asks.

""Uh. Well, I can't really walk on my right leg, and I've got a killer headache, but I think I'll live" I tell her.

"Can you fight?" she asks.

"Oh no. Why?" I ask.

"Why do you think I was running? There's some people after me. I don't know if they gave up or slowed down, but I have one of their powers" she says.

Just as she finishes her sentence, fast footsteps come from down the hall. Clara peaks around the wall.

"It's them" she tells me.

"What are their powers Clara?" I ask her quickly.

"The power I have now is wind. Like, I can create really powerful wind. Another guy can shoot glass shards out of his hand and the other girl brings nightmares into your head" Clara says.

"How do you know this?"

"I was with Audrey. She's the girl that can read people's abilities. She's uh, gone now." Clara says as tears roll down her face.

The people get around the corner and now stand directly in front of us. There's only 3, so we can do this. I hope. The guy steps forward and a glass shard shoots from his palm and flies past me. Meanwhile, the nightmare girl has Clara trapped in her head with something very clearly terrible. Clara falls to the floor holding her head. I don't think the nightmare girl is conscious when using her powers, so that takes her out for now. Another shard flies towards me and I send it back, but the white haired girl with the wind powers blows it back. The shard cuts my arm and I dive forward, extending my arms and spreading my palms hoping for a large attack. Both people hurl back onto the floor, but I realize that it won't last long. I notice a sharp piece of glass on the floor by my feet, so I pick it up. I turn and walk over to the unconscious young girl hovering over my friend who's writhing in pain and terror. I drive the knife into the girls stomach. She gasps and both her and Clara come out of the trance. They both make eye contact with me, then the girl collapses. She lies in the floor in pain. I lift her back up and she hovers in front of me. I realize the other girl is running my direction, so I throw the nightmare girl at her. The bodies collide and hit the wall a few feet behind them. The wind girl is still alive, but it won't last long. My attention turns back too the guy with the shards. He looks at me, terrified for his life.

"You know, if you help us stop this, you can live" I tell him.

That's when I hear the sound of the shard shooting at me, but it's from behind me. The shard plunges into the guys chest and he takes a step back. I turn to see Clara with a look of rage, yet, sadness in her eyes. She lets 2 more go. One lands in the guys stomach and the other buries itself into the white haired girls throat. Blood spews out.