••••

This chapter is dedicated to dalolLYpop because she's pretty awesome. So follow her. Like right now.
⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈

"Okay Tiffany, start from the beginning? What happened?!"

For the past eight minutes and thirty-seven seconds I had been trying to decipher my best friends words, as she bawled into the cell phone. All I knew is that somehow her and her boyfriend of a whopping three weeks had broken up and she was "heartbroken" because she "actually loved him". Cue the eye roll please.

Nonetheless I had to be a good best friend and console her. I knew all to well that this would last for a night and she would be as chipper as her normal self by Monday.

I knew I had been on the phone for about a half hour, when I was interrupted by my mom.

"Hey T, I gotta go, moms here."

"O-kay-y, I-I'll talk to you-u later-r."

Her hoarse voice muffled out of the speaker before the line went dead.

Oh Tiffany.

"Yeah mom you can come in."

"Uh... Err. I'm not exactly your... Uh mom. B-but, she's the one who s-sent me up here..err, I can go if-"

I jumped out my bed and ran across the room, immediately identifying the nervous voice and stutter and I swung the door open as quickly as possible, but I could never have prepared myself for the sight which met me once it was open.

He had a jagged looking cut through his eyebrow, and his lip was swollen and bleeding. His right eye already had the starts of a black and purple bruise, and his nose looked like it had taken a beating as well. His clothes were all dirty, and his shirt was torn in a couple of places.

He looked like hell.

"Enoch! Oh my god! What happened to you, are you alright? Come here to my bathroom so I can get you cleaned up!"

My voice was heavily laced with concern, but it still didn't portray the worry and heartbreak that I felt when I saw him like this. It was gut wrenching to say the least.

I lead him to my en suite and had him sit on the edge of the bath tub. He groaned slightly when he tried to sit down and ended up opting to stand. I dug around for my first aid kit and turned around once I found it.

The situation I was in suddenly hit me and I immediately felt awkward. I looked up at him and then towards the ground.

"W-what is it? Is some...thing wrong?"

"Um, Enoch... could you take your shirt off?"

I said this slowly and blushed as I said it.

And he had the audacity to smirk!

"Well why didn't you just say so."

He groaned as he took it off obviously in pain, and when I saw his stomach I understood why. It was splotched in black and blue and made me cringe.

"I think you have a broken rib. You might need to get that checked. I can only help so-"

"I know I have a broken rib, I felt it break, but it'll heal soon can you just help me with my face?"

Oh, my friend, your face could never need help.

Ugh Esther focus. Not the time for perverted thoughts. You are in you bathroom, and he is shirtless.

"Yeah, sure. This might sting though."

He hissed through his teeth as I cleaned his cuts with an alcohol swab, but soon I had him bandaged and cleaned up.

Eventually we both ended up laying on my bed staring at my ceiling. I was enjoying listening to the rhythmic sound of his breathing.

Eventually he spoke up.

"So I'm not g-great at the speaking thing but I'm sure you have a lot of questions..."

"You are absolutely right, I'm bursting with questions, but I want those answered whenever you are really ready to trust me. I'm really glad you came to me though"

He let out a sigh of almost relief when I said I wanted him to answer the questions swarming my head when he was ready.

The thing he did next shocked me the most, he slowly reached over, stuck his arm under my back and pulled me into his side, resting my head in the crook of his neck.

We didn't talk, we just sat their listening to each others heartbeats and breathing patterns, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I am positive that was the definition of perfection.