e l e v e n ;

e l e v e n ;

Logan made himself comfortable on the couch in the room, placing the box of hot pizza on a couch side table

Logan made himself comfortable on the couch in the room, placing the box of hot pizza on a couch side table. The bag with the games and other snacks he had brought slid off his wrist and fell at his side on the couch. Aimee who had been sitting on the floor with her sister Annie quickly got back on her feet and sat next to him on the couch. She grabbed the grocery bag and moved it out of the way, cutting the distance between them by scooting closer. 

The new teacher coughed awkwardly and tried to scoot further from her, but he was soon trapped between Aimee and the arm rest of the sofa. Louise watched in amusement, linking arms with both Andy and Ollie, and resting her head on Ollie's shoulder. The twin just stayed completely still and quiet for the sake of playing along. Despite the attention he and his brother had gotten from the girls of St. Mary's Academy upon their arrival, neither of them had ever had a girlfriend. Everyone back home thought they were too strange. It was for that reason that they didn't know exactly how to react around a girl.

When Aimee linked arms with Logan and tried to place her head on his shoulder, he shot up from his seat and grabbed the pizza box, rushing to the bed where Louise was sat with the twins. Opening it up, he offered, "Do you kids want any pizza?"

Louise eyed him suspiciously. "Are you trying to poison me?"

"Why would I do that?" Logan asked, outraged. "Are you out of your mind?"

"I'll have some pizza." Andy said with a smile, reaching into the open box for a slice. It was plain pepperoni. 

Reaching for his wrist, Louise directed his hand which held the slice of pizza to her lips. "If you want pizza, then I want some pizza too." She said to Andy, and took a bite of the slice. Her eyes darted now and again to Logan who was standing directly in front of them, a smirk lined on her lips. "But I want you to feed me the pizza." She corrected herself in a soft pur.

Logan quickly grabbed a slice of pizza, reached for her hand that was holding Andy's, and placed the warm pizza slice in her hand. "Feed yourself, Louise. You're not a baby."

"She's our baby." Andy pointed out, while Ollie could only nod in a blank expression of agreement. He was better at pretending than his brother who just sat there frozen, not knowing what to do. Andy knew enough to be able to follow along with Louise's lie.

From the couch in the far right of the room, Aimee sulked with her arms crossed over her chest. The game on tv had just ended, and Annie got back on her feet and walked over to her sister. Sitting down next to her, she said with a bright smile. "Don't be upset, Aimee. There's so much to be happy for. Louise didn't get kicked out of school, she has some cute friends over, Paul won his game tonight, and Professor Bush is only trying to keep an eye on us."

"He's trying to keep an eye on Louise." Aimee sulked. "He hasn't paid any attention to me."

"He takes his job very seriously." Annie reasoned with her sister. To her, it was still clear that the new teacher had a crush on her sister, even if that wasn't exactly true. "He'll come and talk to you once he's made sure everything is in order here."