Chapter 2

Sophie's POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I question as he parks his bike outside of Emily and Sam's house. "I am the vampire girl, remember?" I look at him worriedly, my hybrid hearing pickingup the sound of foot steps.

"Hey look whose back!" I turn to see Embry, Quil, Jared and Paul...all in their usual attire, shorts.

"What's up Sophie?"

"Quil-you too?" I question with a smile, seeing Jared nudge him in the arm as he happily munche son a chicken leg. "Yep! Finally made the pack," I nod my head, shifting the weight of my feet as it starts to feel a little awkward. "I'm glad you're here Sophie..." Embry says earning a chuckle from Paul. "Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue," I look at him weirdly, taking a glance at Jake to see his brows furrowed with a slight blush rising on his cheeks.

"I wish Sophie would call,"

"I wish Sophie wouldn't call,"

"Maybe I should call Sophie,"

"Maybe I should call Sophie and hang up,"

I laugh at them as they tease Jake, stuffing my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. "Alright, you can shut up now," Jake chuckles dryly with a sarcastic smile as I cat movement out of the corner of my eye, turning to see a girl maybe a few years older than me. "Sophie, this is Leah Clearwater, Harry's daughter," A frown forms on my face as I give her a sorrowful look. "Hey, I'm really sorry about your father," I tell her softly, watching her cold face as she starts at me. "If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave," And with that she run off. My brows furrow as I bit my cheek, refraining from saying something. "Fun isn't she," Jake msarcastically says right before I hear another familiar voice. "Sophie, hi!" I look up to see Sam and Emily bounding down the stairs, Emily scopping me into a hug. "Hey," I wrap my arms around her, rubbing her back in greeting. "I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again,"

"Yeah same here," I pull away, watching as Sam steps closer to her and wraps an arm around her waist. "Sam we good?" I look between Jake and Sam, not really sure what they're talking about. "Yeah, we're cool. She won't be getting through our line anytime soon," Sam agrees with Jake, giving me a civil look.

"Yeah!" "Let's go boys!" I hear chatter amongst Paul, Embry, Quil and Jared, watching as they all run away, hooting and hollering. I catch Leah's staring in my direction, she looks at me before phasing then leaps away.

******

"So when did Leah joing the pack?" I question as I walk besides Jacob who is pushing his bike towards the garage. "Around when her father died. Her brother, Seth, also phased. He's 15, one of the youngest we've had. Sam keeps him home studying, but he's chomping at the bit," He explains to me, the sun surprisngly beaming down on us. "I wish it was Leah who'd stay home," I look at Jacob with brows raised. "Come on, don't be such a guy," I look at him, knowing he's going to explain.

"No, it's not a chick thing. It's, you know, a triangle thing," I look at him weirdly, not really getting what he meant. "We all have to live with the Leah/Sam/Emily pain-fest," Okay...now I'm even more confused.

"Wolf telepathy, remeber?"

"So Sam dumped Leah for Emily?"

"Yeah, it wasn't like that. Sam hates himself for hurting Leah. But Emily was the one," Okay, I think I maybe understand. But all of this werewolf stuff is still new to me. "Yeah, I guess it sort of chooses you sometimes," I say to him as we near closer to the garage. "It's more than a crush Sophie. Sam imprinted on Emliy," My brows furrow as I bite my lip. Imprinted?