Chapter 6

Sophie's POV

The next day was the battle.

Bella and I are currently placing blood around the forest that is going to lead the newborns to the battle site.

"Your going overboard," Edward comments after Bella and I finish putting our blood on a nearby tree. "Well if this is all we can contribute, we want to be thorough," Bella tells him move closer, seeing his gaze on my finger. "The newborns'll be frantic," He pick up my hand, examining my cut. "Its okay. Don't make yourself uncomfortable,"

"It doesn't bother me anymore,"

"Since when?"

"Since I spent 24 hours thinking you were dead," He looks at me, taking one last glance at my hand. "You're not wearig your ring," I look down at my hand, slowly taking it out of his. "Well I didn't want to risk losing it," I tell him, looking at Bella out of the corner of my eye, seeing a sad look on her face as she moves further away from us. "Or risk Jacob seeing it?" I look at him, not really knowing what to say, seeing as I am still on thin ice with Bella. "I think we should wait to tell him. I mean, at least till after the fight,"

"If you're having second thoughts..."

"I'm not. I just want him to have a clear head," At that moment, Jacob decides to make his presence known. "Whose head is unclear?" Jacob asks with Seth trailing behind him. Seth was going to carry Bella up, seeing as we need to mask her scent too. "Nobody's I hope," I fake a laugh, hoping he didn't over hear our convorsation. "Alice saysthere's a storm coming," Edward informs Jacob who nods his head. "Yeah, I can feel it. We should get going," Jacob looks at me then at Bella who is still a few feet behind us. "I'll see you in a couple of hours," Edward tells me as he places a kiss on my forehead, which is partially covered by my black beanie. (Her outfit below. Just imagine a black beanie)

"Something up?" Jacob looks at me with a poker face

"Something up?" Jacob looks at me with a poker face. "Bunch of vampires trying to kill me?" I joke with a laugh, moving into his arms as he picks me up. "Same old, same old," He laughs before running up the hill of the mountain. Bella had already left with Seth up to the camp site. We soon arrive to the camp site, seeing Bella waiting there with Edward and Seth, the tent already set up. I make my way towards Edward, who envelopes me into his arms. "Thank you,"

"You should get back before the strom hits," I tell him, feeling Edward entwine his hand with mine. "No, I'm staying. You'll need my connection to the pack to keep tabs on what's going on," I look at him with a look of disbelief. "You're not gonna fight?" I ask, feeling relieved that my best friend wont be out there risking his life for me. "Seth will spell me in the morning. He's not happy about missing the action but it'll keep him out of trouble," At this point, Seth had already left to be closer to the battle field just in case. "Let's get you two inside," Edward tells me quietly, placing his hand on my waist as he leads me to the tent. I look back at Jacob, giving him a small smile. This is going to be a long night.