Chapter 3

Sophie's POV

"Are you sure this is okay? I really hate being a party crasher," Bella tells Jacob as we walk to where the bonfire is suppose to be. It's dark out now, Jake, Bella and I have been hanging out all day, and now we we're suppose to be going to a party...but it turns out it's a bonfire type thing.

"Technically you guys are council meeting crashers," Jake tells the both of us, the bonfire coming into view, with a bunch of people from the pack surrounding it. "You see? The council leaders, Dad, Quil's grandpa, Sue Clearwater. She took over for Harry when he died," I stop, looking at Jacob as if he has two heads. "Okay, I should not be here. We should not be here...they even know about be being a hybrid?" I rant to him, my nerves now kicking in. "They know, you're okay. I thought...I mean, they thought it would be good for oyou to hear the histories," Jake explains to me, the fire lighting up Jake's face with a warm glow. "The histories?" Bella pipes up from beside me, curious as well, "The tribes histories? Aren't they sacred?" She continues, looking at Jake with a bewildered expression. "We all got a role to play, and you're part of this...both of you. I mean, it's the first time Seth, Leah and Quil'll hear them, too...But you two are the first outsiders. Ever,"

We start walking towards the bonfire again, the dead leaves crunching underneath our feet. "If I had know that, I would have, like...I don't now, dressed better," Bella tells him quietly, seeing him glance down at her clothes. "See Bella, this is why you should always dress to impress...like me," I joke with a giggle, seeing her roll her eyes with a smile as Jake cackles at us.

"Jake!" I look up to see a cute little kid come bounding up to us. Well he's not little, he's almost or he is as tall as Bells and I. "Hey," Jake greets the kid. Oh my god, he is so adorable. "It's about time you got here. Pauls been hoovering the grub, but I saved you some burgers," I pout at his cuteness. Okay, I am asuming that this is Seth...he looks the youngest out of all of them. "Bella, Sophie, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother," Jake intorduces as Bella awkwardly shake's Seth's hand muttering a small 'hi'. "It's nice to meet you!" I screech quietly, pulling him into a hug. "You are just too cute," I gently pinch his cheeks, seeing them turn a darker shade of red underneath my touch. "I'm Sophie by the way," I tell him as I take a step back. "He's the newest member of the pack," Jake continues Seth's introduction. "Newest. Bestest. Brightest," Seth boasts with a beaming smile on his face. "And the slowest," Jake teases, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, pulling him down and giving him a noogie, earning a small giggle from me as I watch with amusement as they play fight. Suddenly there's a sharp whistel type noise, the boys aburptly stopping. "Come on, your dad's about to start," Seth pats Jake on the shoulder before running towards the bonfire. We make it to the bonfire, finding an empty log for the three of us to sit on, Jake being in bewteen Bella and I.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we have alwasy had magic in our blood," Jake's dad, Billy, starts his story, feeling the warmth of the fire on my skin. "We were great spirit warriors, shape-shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe," I sit with my forearms resting on my thighs as I listen intently, feeling Jake's eyes on me.

"One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warriors sharp teeth finally tore it apart but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. And they were right. She took her vengence out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife could see that he would lose. The third wife was no magical being, with no special powers but one, courage. The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains," Billy pauses, looking at me through the fire that was rising, "the cold ones,"