New House

Heey guys! This is my first English story. It's about Nicole Marshall, a sixteen year old girl who moved to Hugin Town. First she hates it. Until she meets Michael Nolan and his friends. She finds him in the barn of the Marshall's new house. Nicole finds him and wants to find out why he's there. The other side of the story is told by Michael himself. His parents kicked him out of their house when they find out that he has lycanthropy, a disease which makes you a werewolf. He moves into an old house where nobody have lived for 15 years after the last inhabitant died after a heart attack. When he hears about the new inhabitants, the Marshalls, he decides to stay in the barn. Then there is Jarrod, Nic's brother. He is concerned about his sister and don't really trust Michael.

Before I begin I want to say that this is my second story on wattpad so please give me advice if you want! and I'm from Holland so my English isn't perfect. If you see a mistake or have advice for me, please comment!

***

Nicole's Pov

Hi, I'm Nicole. I just turned 16 and I live in Seattle, well, until today. My parents couldn't pay the rent anymore so we got kicked out. Now we had to move to the old house of my mother's aunt. Aunt Cecilia died almost 15 years ago. I was just 1 year old so I can't remember her but she gave us her house. My parents, Isabelle and Luke, didn't wanted to move so they stayed with me and my brother Jarrod in their apartment in Seattle. But Today we are moving to Hugin Town. Great. Yesterday I gave a goodbye-party to my friends. Megan and Lisa had been crying, which made me cry too. Emma, Tom and David stayed calmer about it. Everybody promised me to write. But I now we wouldn't. Last year another friends moved, and none of us spoke with her anymore.

"Come on kids," Says my mother Isabelle, "I'm not happy with it neither, but we'll survive."

"If we don't get eaten by bears"Jarrod answers.

"Or wolves." I Say.

"Great," my mum sighs, "It's so nice to have sarcastic kids."

When Isabelle walks away to help Luke with the last things Jarrod laughs and says: "What do you have with wolves?" I smile. It's true that I've got an obsession for wolves. They are just so beautiful, and mysterious.

"Okay kids," Luke calls, "We're done! Ready to go to Hugin Town! Say goodbye to the house, then we can leave."

Jarrod and I wave sarcastically to our apartment and step into the car. It was 'just' four hours driving. The nearest big city is Blackwell. We stop at a restaurant there for lunch.

"Aren't you exited?" Isabelle asks, "It's a really big Victorian house, with a real garden!"

"Yes, "Luke reply's, "The last time we had an garden was at least ten years ago."

Jarrod and I exchange a glance at each other. Our parents went to the house two weeks ago to make the house 'livable'. They took pictures from it. The house isn't ugly or something, just very, very old. Or just say ancient. The walls outside are white, the doors and frames and gutters a dark grey. It had 3 floors and a loft. The tiles are pitch-black. It had a really big garden full of trees and flowers. At the back of the house was a big black barn. They didn't make much pictures from the inside, but We'll see.

When were all done we get in the car again and drive to our new house. After 9 miles we see a signpost board. Hugin Town 11 miles, and to the right, Devonport 3 miles.

"I've heard that there are lots of cafe's and pub's in Devonport. Maybe you can go there when were settled. Finding new friends." Luke says. Isabelle smiles "Oh yes, that would be so nice for you kids! And Luke, we can go to the pub again. It's such a long time ago that we've been to the pub together!"

After 15 minutes we drive into Hugin Town. It was almost Christmas and the whole town is decorated with lights. It's actually a very pretty, cosy town. At the edge of the street, where the forest begins, was a long drive. At the end of the drive is a circular driveway around an old fountain. The house looked bigger than on the pictures.

"Welcome to our new house!" Says Isabelle happily.

We get inside through the grey French doors. When I walk in my jaw drops. first, you walk into a 15 meter long corridor with ivory doors at each side. between the doors are some mirrors and paintings. at the left side is the lounge, with red walls and long, salmon couches and Ebony tables. The first door leads to the kitchen. It has a yellowish colour and a long kitchen dresser and even an aga. The second left door leads into a music room. The walls are cobalt blue and in the middle is a wing. There is an door with glass windows in it that leads outside. The third room left was an library filled to the brim with books. In the middle are soft white couches. The room next to the kitchen is the dining room. It's a big room filled with an ebony table and glass closets where the cutlery was cleared away. At the end of the corridor was a small hall. The ebony stairs is gorgeous, it starts at the right side of the hall and curled up to the left where it ended in the hall upstairs where it curled further upstairs to the third floor. There were three bedrooms upstairs, each with an own bathrooms. At the end of the hallway is a big window with a view over the drive and the town. 

"Nicole," Luke calls, "you sleep on the room at the right on the end, next to Jarrod. Isabelle and I sleep at the left side on the first room." 

"Take a look." My mom smiles. 

It's a really big room, the walls are purple and gold. On the wooden floor is a black rug. The curtains are black too. On the left side are 2 big windows from floor to the ceiling. Between it is a door to the balcony. In front of me is a king-size bed and an ebony closet. At my right is an golden curtain hiding the rest of the room. When I pull it open, my jaw drops again. The wall is made of a huge bookcase, in the wall next to my bed was another window. In the windowsill are purple and black cushions. Next to the window is a desk. At the other side, next to the door, was another wing. When I turn around to the door again I see a widescreen TV above an ebony DVD cabinet. I have to say, my parents did do their best on it to make me feel home. I started packing. First, I put my clothes into the big closet, Then I hang up some pictures and paintings and put the rest of my stuff on the desk. When I have everything unpacked I walk to my bathroom. It is at the opposite of my room. The bathroom next to mine is from my parents and Jarrod's was next to his room. I looked around. The walls are a sort of salmon. I have a bath, a shower, a toilet and a sink. I put some towels in the small closet under the sink. I've never thought I would like the house, but I have to say, I'm impressed.

"Hey Nic," I hear Jarrod saying,"Want to make a walk in the garden?'

"Sorry kids, It's dinnertime! We're eating pasta." Isabelle says.

After dinner Jarrod and I did the dish while our dad tried to install the dishwasher. I wish he had done it before. When the dish is done Jarrod and I went outside. From the backdoor in the hall is a path that goes around the garden. In front of the house was the drive with at both sides bushes full with flowers and behind that are apple trees. The back garden looks totally different. At the beginning of the path are many pine trees. It looks like a forest. After 5 minutes we come at the end of the garden. There wasn't a fence but Isabelle told us our ground stopped at the river. There were 2 paths. One went over the bridge, into the forest, and the other went back at our house.

"Shall we go back home? It's already dark." Jarrod asks. Actually it was already dark when we left but that doesn't mind.

"Okay,"I say, "Maybe there really are bears and wolves here so I'd like to go back inside."

We walk back next to the river and through the forest. After 10 minutes we see the house again.

"Maybe we can have a party in there someday." Says Jarrod, looking at the barn.

"I don't think so," I answer, "That thing is ancient and broken. It looks creepy too." Soon as I said that last, I think I see someone behind the window. Our house looked scary too, in the dark. I shiver and follow Jarrod into our new ghost house.

***

Hope you like it! Please vote and comment!

PS. The girl on the picture is Nicole