Prologue

Dillans Necklace at the Top

Cora James POV

She was beautiful. 6 pounds and 3 ounces of pure joy. I think I'll name her Dillan Nicole James. The love of my life was right here in my arms. Around her neck was a chain the doctor had placed. At the end held a charm unique to her and one other. Her soul mate. I look down at my own charm. It was a simple diamond with a flower inside of it. I still remember the day I met my soul mate, Aaron, like it was yesterday. He left me though. He chose to leave my life and never return. I'm glad Dillan will never meet him. He wasn't good enough for her. Nobody is. I just hope her soul mate will treat her right. Not like mine did to me...

I heard shuffling and then a little whimper come from my lap. I look down to see two big blue orbs staring back at me. I smile softly and brush my fingers across her cheek. She giggled before grabbing my finger. I wiggled it around, watching as she became focused on it.

Beautiful.

"When you grow up, all the boys are going to fall for you. Don't choose he wrong one though. It never ends well.." I said to her. She just tilted her head to the side. I laughed and tickled her stomach, making her release a cute little laugh.

I spent hours talking to her about stuff. Anything and everything. Sometimes even nothing. I couldn't wait to watch her grow up into a beautiful young lady. At the moment I was telling her the story of how I met Aaron.

"-and then my soul saw him and it felt like it went 'oh there you are, I've been looking for you." My eyes were closed as I recalled the memory. It was my favourite, other than this moment right now. I opened my eyes to find that Dillan had fallen asleep. I used the pad of my thumb to sweep across her forehead. Just then, a rattling from the door filled the room. I looked up as a doctor walked in. She had a pink cloth in her hand. 

"Good evening Mrs. James. I have your daughters evening bath ready. If you wouldn't mind following me over here then we can finish it right away." I nodded my head and slowly sat up, stretching my legs before actually standing and following her into the bathroom. There was a small bath set up for Dillan. I gently unwrapped her and placed her in the lukewarm water. The nurse then poured some baby body wash into her hand and lathered it onto Dillans fragile body. 

*************   

We finished the bath in about 15 minutes and now Dillan was back in her fluffy white blanket on my lap, wide awake. Her eyes shining brightly. I used my fingers to gently move around her neck. She let out a squeal and tried to push my hand away. I laughed at her as she continued her antiques. 

"You are so special Dillan. Don't let anybody tell you other wise. There are so many beautiful reasons in life to be happy. Your gonna find yours someday and I cant wait for that to happen. Your soul mate is going to love you so so much. I cant wait to meet him." I whispered down to her. She just gave me a toothless smile. I leaned down and pressed a tenter kiss to her temple. 

"I will never leave you. I promise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

New book! What do you guys think? I know that the epilogue is crap so sorry for that :) Dont forget to check out my other book "Broken" and vote for both. Thanks for reading! 

- DC