Chapter 10: Always the forgetful one.

Songs for the chapter: 
Dropout ft. Wesley Finn Tucker: Strong
Twenty One Pilots: Goner
John Mayer: Dreaming With A Broken Heart

******************** 

Recap:

"Did i-" he gulped. "Did I do that." I nodded.

"Yea. Can I leave now, please?" In stead of answering my question, he asked me his own.

"Are you scared of me now?" He sounded so vulnerable. He was looking down at the ground, too ashamed of himself to look me in the eyes.

"No." I stated. He looked up in shock.

"Then why are you leaving?" I was speechless.

"You don't know? You basically just abused me and your asking me why I left? Gods, you must have hit the door harder than I thought." I spat before slamming the door and running down his driveway. Away from my problems. Away from him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Dillan's POV:  

I loved thunder storms.

Especially lighting. It fascinated me. I loved watching the bright bolt strike to the earth in mere seconds and then disappear as if it were never there. 

But I hated when I was locked outside my house in the middle of one. 

After my fight with Riley, I had walked home. It was an approximately 45 minute walk from his house to mine, and since I didn't know the way home by heart it took me almost an hour and a half.. 

I was shivering in the freezing rain, standing on my front porch waiting for someone to come home because my house key was in my jacket, which I forgot to grab when I left Riley's. My mom must have taken Zach shopping. So that meant she could either be home right away, or take another 3 hours since I don't know when she left. 

I slowly walked over to the swing chair, my movements stiff and forced. I eased my way into the chair, my jeans making it very uncomfortable. I grabbed my phone  to text my mom to come home. But there was a problem... it wouldn't turn on. I groaned in annoyance before returning my phone into my denim pocket. Squinting my eyes up at the sky, I watched the clouds roll by and the lightning strike the nearby trees. Soon enough, I heard a vehicle pull up in front of my house. I tilted my head slightly so I could watch what was going on. A guy, around my age, hopped out of the car and grabbed some luggage before yelling goodbye at the driver. He started walking up to my house when he stopped in his tracks. 

"Dillan? Is that you?" He yelled through the thunder above.

How does he know my name? Who is this guy?

I was curious. 

"Y-yea." I cursed myself for stuttering buy I really couldn't help it. My teeth were chattering so hard it hurt. 

"Holy shit! It's me, Blake?" I choked. I completely forgot he was coming today. With everything happening with Riley, I kind of got distracted. 

I watched him as he moved closer to he so that he was mere inches from my body. 

"Blake? I-is it really y-you?" I wondered out loud. He nodded his head before a huge smile took over his face and he pulled me into one of his famous hugs, his arms secured around my waist. He was so warm compared to the frigid temperature I had been standing in for the past 30 minutes. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, missing the feeling of him. Of my best friend. I felt my eyes tear up with tears of the memories this brought.