Chapter 1~Too Late

Note from the Author: Welcome to a story about heart break and romance. This is my very first love story and I hope you can bare with me through all my spelling errors and grammer mistakes. I will be leaving these types of notes either in the beginning or end of each chapter. Just know that these notes are optional to read so don't let me bother you too much. Without further distractions...lets get into the story!

Emily walked up to the classroom labeled 5O. The heart-felt letter she had written out the previous night was now being crushed in Emily's soft Palm. Emily leaned closer to the colored door hoping to hear her Senpai speak-maybe even laugh. It was the last day of school, and in her case the last chance to tell her crush how she felt about him.Her strawberry blonde hair was covering one of her dark green eyes but she was still able to see the back of her crush's brown hair through a foggy window. She raised her fisted hand to the classroom door hoping she would finally open the doors and see Keoni, the one for her...but this was never to come. As she glanced through the foggy window once more she saw Keoni as he walked up to Catherine (another girl in the grade) and gave her an envelope sealed with a blood red heart sticker. Emily's eyes began to tear up-and then she ran. She ran to the dusty sidewalk, past the various mailboxes and boring looking houses, and into a deserted parking lot. She sat in one of the stalls and put her hands over her face. "How could I have been so stupid?" She asked herself in between sobs. Eventually she was able to drag herself back to her house. Her eyes red and swollen and fixed to ground. For the first few weeks of Summer she was anything but herself. The cheery, funny, positive girl she used to be was now nothing but a past event in her roller-coaster love life. The universe was never kind to Emily. It gave her the joy of love and the pain of a shattering heart. Each rejection caused more pain then the last. Finally she had gathered up the courage to share her feelings with the boy she loved and life just threw her under the bus-again. But alas, each broken heart was a chance for a new spark in this young girl's train wreck of a love life. Each time her feelings weren't accepted she changed everything. The way she dressed, the way she talked, the way she acted, and the people she hung out with. All of it was just one big experiment to see if her crush would except her for who she was-or was trying to be.