Chapter 2: The Concert

"Maria answer me please!" I yelled into my phone. As people passed they just stared. I was just too anxious to care. The phone just kept ringing and ringing. Finally I heard a little static.

“Hello?”

“ Hey! I tried calling you like five times!” I exclaimed.

“ OH! I’m so sorry I was taking a shower. So what’s up?

“ Oh you know, same old same old. But uh… hey so about that ticket.”

“ Did you change your mind and want to come?”

“ Well what kind of best friend would I be if I didn’t come with you?”

“ OMG!!!! YAAAAYYY!!!! I’LL PICK YOU UP AT 7 OK?”

“ See you then!” I said while ending the call.

Okay. So I was the worst best friend ever. It’s just him. It’s been an hour since I met him and I was in love. Something about him I just couldn’t get him out of my head. He was just so, caring and mysterious. I wanted to know more. And plus spending the whole entire night with my best friend was amazing. She could make me laugh at the snap of a finger. I couldn’t wait until tonight.

I walked through the door to my house and made my way up the stairs. My mom wouldn’t be home until 6 tonight. Since my dad left us, my mom has been the one to do everything. He left us for a younger girl who is twenty-two. So long story short, him and my mom divorced last year. I haven’t seen him since. The day that I found out about his affaire with Miranda, I pushed him out of my life.

*FLASHBACK*

“Dad how could you?”

“ Baby please don’t be mad. This was a mistake! I didn’t mean to do any harm! Please don’t be mad.” My dad shot back at me.

“ I HATE YOU! I want you to get out of mom’s house and never come back! You ruined my life, Justin’s life, and Mom’s! I hate you!” With that I left my Dad speechless and crying. But I didn’t care. He ruined everything for me. Now I could never trust a guy. And that killed me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 That was the worst day of my entire life. Some days I feel like a jerk for saying what I said but then I think about what he did to my mom and my older brother. I haven’t spoken to him since that night. After what I said to him, he packed his bag right then and there and left. Didn’t say goodbye or anything. He just left. My mom claims that I really need to speak to him and to give him another chance, but that’s not going to happen anytime soon. But Harry seems different. When I spoke to him, it was like I could trust him. Maybe that wasn’t really the case, but I sure hope so.

About twenty minutes later my Mom came home and started making dinner.

“ Hey mom!”

“ Hey sweetheart, how was your day?” my mother casually asked.

“ Well besides the torture of school, pretty good.”

My mom started laughing at my choice of words. Sometimes we do this. Talk while she is making dinner. I tell her about my day and what happened. But leaving out anything that may have to do with boys or anything weird like that. I normally go to my brother for stuff like that.

“ Um… you know how Maria is going to the One Direction concert tonight?”

“ Mmmhhmmm…”

“ Well, uh she invited me and what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t go and be with her. She told me that I could stay over at her house afterwards and then tomorrow I would of course come home.”

“ Wait… I thought you didn’t like that band.”

 “ Well I don’t. But we haven’t spent enough time together here lately so. Can I please go?” My mom probably knew something was up. Normally my Friday night consisted of my cat and I cuddling up on the couch, watching old movies like Finding Nemo and Toy Story.

“ Sure I guess. But you must call me when you get to her house tonight.”

“ Yay! But um ok.” I said while trying to hide my excitement.

As I was in the car driving to the concert, I couldn’t help but feel a little excited. I told myself I needed to calm down and to just breath but that wasn’t going to happen. When we pulled up to the stadium, it was chaotic. There were girls screaming and chanting “ 1D!” over and over and over again. I was probably going to be the only one there not chanting.  

Melissa parked and then we were off. Both her and Maria were singing one direction songs as we were walking to the stadium. Since I was here by Maria, I wouldn’t tell her to stop. She actually was pretty good. She sang it as if it were her song that she wrote. Which, I think made it all the better. As we came up to stand in the line, I got a text message from an unknown number.

hey hazel! Just remembered that you gave me your number, but I never gave you mine… so how about we meet up for coffee @starbucks tomorrow? Same time?

Harry xoxo

My heart stopped for a minute. Was he doing what I think he was doing? Was he really asking me out.

To: Harry

Ya sounds great! ;)

Hazel xoxo

I was jumping up and down, until I noticed Melissa was staring at me. I quickly told her that I was excited to see the concert and she just smiled back. When we finally got to seats, I noticed that we were sitting ALL the way in the back.It was up until the point where we had about an hour till the show that I got up and went to get something to eat. As I walked down the stairs I looked around me. Goodness this place was huge. Turning the corner I saw that there were stairs that lead to places where I probably shouldn’t be. There were dressing rooms and mini kitchens. One could get used to this. As I was walking I heard footsteps behind me. When I stopped, they stopped. So I knew for sure that they were following me.

“ Excuse me but what are you doing back here?”

I quickly turned around to see that Harry was looking right at me.

“ Hey aren’t you the starbucks girl?” He asked with a shocked face.

“ Oh! So this isn’t the bathroom!” I say acting stupid. “So, you see I was looking for the bathroom but I seemed to have gotten lost! Sorry.”

His face had a smirk on it. He probably knew I was lying.

“ Okay. So that wasn’t the truth but, my friend wanted me to come with her tonight to the concert so when I bumped into you, well… I haven’t been able to get you out of my head at all.”

Then a smile crept across his face.

“ Truth is… well me too.”

I was shocked. That NEVER happens to me! Like ever.

“ Hey where are you sitting?” He asks me.

“ Um… all the way in the back. So if I’m going to make it before the show starts, I better get going.” I say.

“ Well I was thinking, there are some seats in the front row that I could get you and your friends. I…If you want.”

“ Yeah sure!” I say excitedly. “ But you don’t have to do that. That’s way too much.”

“  No! I owe you one. I spilled your drink everywhere earlier. Let me give you this in my return.” As he says this, he pulls out tickets he gives me a wink and says that he better get going.

I just stand there in shock. Smiling in my head.

....

Authors Note: 

Please give constructive critisim! It would help alot since i'm new at this. :D

xoxo, heyheyhelloo