#27

This is a serious chapter, and thus, no lesson. :~)

When Calum uttered out Ashton's name I honestly didn't think it could get worse.

But it did.

"What happened? Is he okay?" Luke took on the role of asking questions considering I couldn't even form a coherent sentence without a strangled noise escaping my lips.

"They're both in surgery." Calum's eyes went dark. "It's bad, guys. Really bad. Ashton has some broken ribs and a fucking head injury."

I closed my eyes, refusing to picture Ashton on the surgery table like that.

"What about Gabriel?" Luke frowned and my mind immediately spun to the other boy.

"He's got internal bleeding." Calum ran his hands through his hair. "I'm really not sure of all the details. I only got there when the ambulances were leaving. I'm as lost as you guys."

"Who found them? Where were they?" I croaked out, my throat constricting painfully.

"Michael." Calum looked over his shoulder and I finally noticed the blonde boy standing with two police officers. "He's giving the cops his statement now. He said he'd explain everything after."

Luke wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed his lips to my temple. Why was this happening? Tonight had been so perfect but somehow we were ending it in hospital.

"Are their parents here?" I asked, my breath catching.

"I called Ashton's parents." Calum swallowed. "I don't... I don't know Gabriel though. His wallet and phone weren't with him."

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. Somewhere Gabriel's parents were enjoying themselves without the slightest idea that their son was in surgery.

"Shit." Luke's breath was a whisper, his eyes scanning the hospital room.

"Wait, here comes Michael." Calum straightened up and began to walk over to our friend. I, on the other hand, ran over to him.

"Michael," I rushed out, my eyes wide. "Are you okay?" His knuckles were blood and bruised. I was more worried about the bloody lip. What the hell was going on? "Calum said..." I trailed off. Calum didn't really know any more than we did.

"I'm... just a bit shaken up." He closed his eyes and swallowed calmly before holding up his knuckles idly. "Not my blood."

"God, if you say that's Ashton's blood I think I might pass out." I croaked. There was a lot more blood covering Michael than Calum. I was getting queasy at the thought.

"No, it's Alekander's." Michael gritted his teeth. "Don't ask about it."