The Lake

"Let's get married?"

They had just finished dinner and was comfortably sitting by the lake, looking at the stars, enjoying the quietness.

He didn't even blink an eye but instead tightened his hold on her.

"Do you want to?"

His question was met with silence but he wasn't worried. He knew that she was just still trying to process everything in her mind. Because she knew that she only had to say "Yes" and he would waste no time in driving the both of them to the Mayor's villa and they would be married. It didn't matter that it was past midnight or that they would have to drag the poor Mayor of Lake Como out of bed, he would do it in a second once she says the magic word.

"It would shut them all up", she mused.

He frowned, "That's the only reason?"

She was sitting with her back to his front so she turned around slightly so that she could see his face.

She smiled.

"And because I love you."

He smiled back but frowned again.

"You know they would still find fault in us getting married? It's not real, it's a publicity stunt for the movie, or that you're pregnant.......or all of the above."

"But we would know........our family, our friends, those who really know us and love us. They would know the truth."

Photo credit @jaysondmx