23

Maura just stared at Harry. Niall felt almost forgotten when they step out with the bags to her. She didn't at first know what to say, so Harry took the step towards her and gave her his hand.

"Hello, I'm Harry Styles."

She was close to fainting.

"Well I see that?" She cleared her throat. "I Nialls mother, Maura Horan."

Harry released her hand and he then let his arm slide around Nialls shoulders, just to emphasize who he belonged to.

"Do you have your car outside?" he continued happily. "We have some bags and it would be a pain to have to walk a long way?"

Maura just stared at them, and finally, she showed the way for them.

"She took it well!" Harry whispered to Niall. Niall only snorted.

"I don't think she understood that you are mine and that you are interested in me."

Harry laughed a little and he seemed to love the moment.

"Then we put it in plain language, for her?"

----

Niall sat quietly in the back seat. He felt small. He heard Maura began to talk about everything. Especially about Greg, who had a girlfriend and was now a father and lived a normal life. Harry listened and it was as if he felt when he could say anything.

"But aren't you proud of Niall?"

She was silent for a few seconds. Niall aw at her back, she froze.

"Well, I'm proud of him, but I don't know what happens in Nialls life. He's not at home and he got his life over there?"

Harry blinked rapidly towards Niall and then he looked at her again.

"Niall is already a big star and many other directors want him."

She cleared her throat a little.

"Really?"

Harry nodded happily.

"Yes, he has already earned nearly half a million dollars and he's heading in the right direction."

She seemed almost stunned.

"Oops? So it goes well, then?"

Harry nodded. Niall just wanted to tell him to be quiet. That they could talk about it all when they came to the house? Still, Harry continued, as if he didn't see Nialls angry eyes.

"Yes, he's actually one of the few who can learn a script, but even he's interested in everything around the recording and I know he even can do it all by himself."

She was impressed and she gave Niall a quick glance in the reviewer mirror.

"Why haven't you told me anything about that, Niall?"

Niall swallowed.

"You haven't asked?"

She snorted.

"I don't know what to ask when I talk to you?" she got up. "What else has happened that's good to know?"

Harry took kit. Niall was close to dying as he looked at Harry what he was going to say.

"Niall and I are together."

The car swung to the left and then to the right and it was as if a bomb was released.

"Good friends?"

Harry laughed big.

"No!" he said firmly. "I love your son and actually I'm wondering if it's time that we after this show openly what we feel for each other."

She was close to dying. Niall sat ready to throw himself over to the wheel to prevent an accident.

"Together?"

Harry nodded and he didn't even see how upset she was. Okay, maybe not upset, but she was close to be shocked.

"Yes, I fell for Niall the very first time I saw him, but you know how it is. You don't know who's gay anymore and when we came closer together, we realized that it's we who are meant to be."

----

Niall was quiet. He felt like an idiot. Why had he even allowed Harry to accompany Niall to Ireland? They came to the house and Niall saw how his mom felt, this was a hassle. They carried the bags in and when Harry followed Niall into his old boyhood room, she hesitated.

"Will you sleep in the same room?"

Harry nodded.

"Yes, I wont let my baby be alone."

As soon as they were in the room Niall closed the door and he snarled at Harry.

"I thought we agreed to tell this slowly to her and not in the car?"

Harry smiled big and he showed that he was amused. He looked around the room and he nodded with satisfaction.

"So this is where you lived?"

Niall waved his arms in the air.

"Come on Harry!" he hissed cold. "You can't just..."

Harry went around and with one step he was right in front of Niall, and he caught up the Irishman's face with his hands.

"It's never easy to tell things to one's own parents." he whispered sweet. "But if someone else does it, it becomes less surprise and I promise that she now thinking about what to say to us. She's scared, but she wont turn you her back."

Niall swallowed. He wished he was as calm as Harry.

"I know but..."

Harry smiled and he kissed Nialls lips soft.

"Darling, take it easy and let her realize the truth."

----

Maura laying out food on the table. Niall saw that she was nervous, and every time she met Harry's eyes she blushed. Niall was almost annoyed.

"And how is this here at home?" he asked why. She smiled and she looked at Niall, a little uncertain.

"Well it's fine." she said cheerfully. "Your father has received higher pay and he will maybe even replace the task at the factory."

Niall sat down and quickly placed Harry himself beside him.

"How nice?"

She nodded. She slid into the chair on the other side and she almost avoided to look at them.

"And it goes well for you?" She cleared her throat. "Things are going well for you two, both of you?"

Harry nodded. He took Nialls hand under the table and held it tightly.

"Yes, we have it good. Niall has bought a new apartment and it looks fine. We going to the premieres soon and then we will walk the red carpet,"

Marura smiled and she looked at Niall, really looked at him.

"I'm proud." she whispered hoarsely. "I know I'm not good at saying it, but I'm proud of you."

Niall got up a smile and he felt a little calmer.

"Thank you mom!"

She smiled back, and then she looked at the food.

"You must be hungry? Just help yourself and take food."