Chasing numbers.

Chapter 1 : The Night Before.

Me and my best friend Hayley had been planning to go on a one in a life time holiday together throughout the year, and now the time was nearly here to pack our bags and venture off in the world together for 2 weeks. We had booked a place for 2 on a ferry to Italy for four days, then its off to Spain and Canada.

We had planned this trip for a long time and both of us couldn't wait to get going. Laying down in my bed, with my favourite red bed covers I stared up at my ceiling. Thinking about the amazing time we were going to have. My room seemed very cold, which was unusual but I didn't let this get to me.

I couldn't sleep a wink. Usually I would fall asleep straight away but tonight was different. Sitting up in my bed, I was too excited to even think about going to sleep. I grabbed a book from my bedside table and began to read. After a few chapters, I began to get bored so I slammed the book down onto my desk and looked around the room for something to do.

My eyes stopped and froze on a new teddy bear I had got for my birthday, just a few days ago. I got up, then realised. The floor was also as cold as ice. This was most unusal for my room. Normally the floors would be boiling hot, but tonight everything had seemed to change.

Getting up anyway, I began to creep slowly to the teddy bear which lay across the other side of the room. It felt like i'd been walking for a decade before I reached the teddy bear.

Creeping back as quietly as I could so I wouldn't wake my parents and siblings sleeping in the next room. Examining the teddy bear, I began to poke at its stomach. I noticed a hole underneath the arm of the teddy bear, but this didn't concern me, because it was hardly noticable until you lifted up the bears arm. Suddenly the bear began to talk out of nowhere. " Hello" It said. I thought this was just a feature the bear had and that i'd pressed a button to make it talk. I replied " Hello Mr. teddy bear"  No reply...

As I began to get bored, I put the teddy bear next to the book I had put down on my desk previously and layed down. Snuggling up into my bed so I could get comfy, I began to fall asleep. One after the other my eyes slowly shut, like trap doors. My eyes began to feel very heavy after they'd shut.