Chapter 1: The Ivanov's

The last name Ivanov, as you can probably tell, is Russian. My parents immigrated to the United States from Russia. They always talk about the long and hard journey to America, but the only reason it was hard, was because my father, Klaus Ivanov, was bringing drugs with him. That is why my family is so wealthy, my father sold pot to drug dealers, who paid loads of money, like $10,000 at the least.
With his drug money, my parents moved into a very large house in South Barrington, the wealthiest neighborhood in Chicago. He went to college, became a cardiovascular surgeon and a drug dealer on the side. While my mother was pregnant with my oldest brother James.
Two years later, my twin brother and I were born. And on that same day, the Ivanov-Milkovich partnership was created. The Milkovich's were pimps, only Terry Milkovich though, then his 'company' would become Mickey's.
My twin brother, Lucas and I started going to Broadington Worth Academy. It is the most elite, academically amazing, and it will always succeed in athletics.
When I was in seventh grade I tried out for the Lady Eagles. Every seventh grade girl in that school, wanted to be a Lady Eagle, but only fifteen girls would make it, and if you wanted to make varsity then you should give up that dream, because only ten girls made it. But I made the team, the varsity Lady Eagles basketball team.
I wore my Lady Eagles letterman jacket with pride, but I had to wear it over my stupid school uniform.
Our first game, I played starting center in third quarter. We won against Loyalton Preparatory Academy.
I've played on that team since I was 13. This was my last year being an Lady Eagle, so I cherish every practice, every game, any time I can have with my best friends.
Enough of talking about me, back to the Ivanov family history.
In our household we spoke both Russian and English in the same sentences. My mother preferred us speaking Russian, but my father didn't care, because he was never there. He was either performing a surgery, making drug deals in his secret office in the Chicago ghetto or he was working with Milkovich's.
The only time I've met Mickey, is when Terry came over to discuss some deal. I was sixteen and he was nineteen. My father told me to show Mickey around, and I did, but in the end it was the two of making out. It was my very first kiss, it wasn't my very first kiss, but it was my first passionate kiss. After that day, I never saw or heard from him again.
The Ivanov's weren't the perfect family everyone thought them to be, yes we had money, but not for good reasons.