Drowning

Thantos Pov

I feel bad about what happened with Jenna. Honestly, I'm not that happy she's back. She constantly flirts even if I push her off of me. But when I heard Lynnette's voice in my head I wanted to punch something I decided my walls weren't sufficent enough for this however so I walked off and went to then gym to calm down. I stayed there for at least an hour but it wasn't until I got back that I realised that Lynnette wasn't there. So I did what anyone reasonable person would do. I started a pack search for her and I swear to the moon goddess I will find her before something bad happens.

Lynnette's pov
"I've missed you so much Melly Moo Boo!!!!" Melody is my best friend she's the daughter of an Alpha. Her pack is called Rising Star. I've always been welcome there ever since I saved Melody's life. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. "I've missed ya too Lynnie it's always a long time before we ever see each other after the last visit" We're at our favourite hang out. Crystal Song waterfall. We named it and it was like a secret hide out for us . There was a small lake at the bottom of steep cliffs and there were only two ways to get down to the actual waterfall. Of course only we knew how. So we're sat on the edge of a cliff laughing and giggling like the good old days. "I can't belive he did that though if my Dad finds out he'll go ballistic!!!!" I told her everything and honestly, she always has the best replies. Also, her Dad Alpha Lucas sees me as a second daughter which is always nice when most of my family are either dead or I've never met. "I'm also glad the perfume worked too, who knew the perfect sent hider would be a combination of three perfumes and a drop of wolfsbane!!" Did I mention she can make some badass things out of nothing? She's even made a grappling hook which was loads of fun." You're smarter than people give you credit for Mellie and you should be so proud of an invention like that but I wouldn't go bragging about it too much in case someone tries to use it for the wrong reasons." She beamed at the compliment, she never gets them even though she's gorgoues. Her brother is an abusive twat so it's no suprise that she never receives praise. "I know Lynnie I'll be careful with it"

*A few hours later*

We'd been giggling and having so much fun we didn't realise the time. "Is it half four already gosh the time flies" I hate to leave her but it was getting late and I know Thantos is probably throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums because I'm missing but it serves him right. The howls in the distance made us jump. I'd recognise it any day of the week.

"SHIT WE GOTTA HIDE NOW ITS THE ALPHA KING ASSHOLE !!!"

So we jumped slightly and each dangled off the edge of the cliff and swung into the cave hidden by the ledge. This is one of the ways to get to the waterfall but we only used it if we need to hide. "Quick spray some more perfume in case it's worn off Lynnie! !!" We quickly doused ourselves in the scent and immediately shut up as we could hear the howling and the growling getting closer. We knew it wouldn't be safe to talk aloud so we switched to mind link
*How did he find you so quick?*

*I don't know but I ain't leaving this cave anytime soon*

*What if he hurts us??* She was terrified at this point.

*I won't let the fucker touch you okay I don't care if he's my mate I'll cut his balls off*

Then we heard footsteps above us and I could smell vanilla and strawberries. I was shaking so much over the fact I don't want him to know where I am.

"LYNNETTE! !!!! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?!?!?" His loud roar was a stupid move. The ground shook and I and Mel nearly got crushed by falling rocks. The shaking had stopped but that didn't prevent what happened next.
"HELP! !!!!!" Mel fell out off the cave and landed into the lake. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHE CAN'T FUCKING SWIM !!!!!
Before I had even realised what the fuck I was doing I dived out off the cave
"YOU AIN'T DROWNING TODAY HOE!!!!!!!" I ducked under the water and saw her struggling against the flow of water. I grabbed her and pulled her up trying to keep her afloat and I pulled her out of the water.
"That's three times you've saved my life now Lynnie" She spoke breathlessly "Well be more careful then you dumbass" Before either one of us got a word in a dark shadow loomed over us.
"Care to explain princess?????"

*Authors note*

I wanted Melody to look like Candice and I'm glad because I feel like she's viewed as pretty but doesn't think it herself so I picked one of the people I consider pretty and not just based on looks. I might write a separate story for her near the end of this book. As stated Lynnette has saved her life twice previous to this and I don't wanna discuss it in this book so I'll probably write a book about that on the side to briefly touch upon the contents of that but completely separate from this story as it only has brief connection with this one and I promise it will be up before it is needed to be explained in the story.