Chapter Four

(Alex Russo, as Jake T. Austin)

We were sitting in a large room filled with at least 40 other kids our age. This looked to be a cafeteria because they were also serving breakfast. Eggs and Bacon and even sausage. It was good. No scene in not eating because we all agreed that if we had to fight or run we'd need the strength. So the four of us ate and sat and waited, but at any given time we were ready to run.

"Simmer down now!" Someone shouted from the stage. The food and tables directly in front of it. 

Everyone started to slowly quiet down and watched the man, now that we could see from the table where we sat, I saw it was the same guy we had met earlier and told us about 'The Lurking' and such.

"Now, I'm sure you'll all confused and don't know anyone here. That's okay because I don't know but a few of you," He said staring at us. Continueing he said, "We call this 'The Lurking' you'll figure out what it means in class. This is a top secret project the council created to help stop our enemies, mutants. Some of you, we most of you, will learn to fight and become soldiers and have a unit or squad. Select few of you will be given a choice to become scientist and help study the mutants. You'll also learn about them in the class, but what I can assure you, all of you, is that this is a safe place. I know there are rumors about this being your death bed for some reason, and yes many have died here, but only for Utopia. They died trying to save everyone, they died; a hero. Know you'll do the same as them. Now that that's done, let me introduce myself, I'm Asura, Head Council."

Wow. I didn't know that this was something the council knew about. Usually they are so honest and straight forward, trying to empathize but honest at the same time because in the past apparently the people elected weren't so most didn't trust the government which lead to the War that ended it all, WWIII.

Here we have voting, and vote our people in the council in. There is 13 all together, one being the Head, which is also voted for by the people.

I wonder if this is the first time they have kept something from us before. I wonder if it will be the last. Can people really change for the better? or do they just get better at covering it up and faking it. I feel like people could change, if they wanted too, if they tried too.

The Head of the Council soon stepped back and took a seat while someone else started to talk.

"Now, this is how it's going to be. Four. A unit is four people. Four people that will either save you or get you killed. These people are the ones you need to trust and if you haven't guessed by now you've already met them. Every Unit or group of four will receive a trainer, who will teach and prepare you for  what's out their in the world, The mutants. The monsters. The trainers select you, some already have. Your trainers have been to hell and back, they've been outside Utopia. Like Head Council said, most will become soldiers a few of you will become scientist. Both jobs are a danger and many have died. Now get with the people you woke up with and a trainer will come and select your group. You start lessons today, tomorrow is training." He said jumping off stage.

Still sitting in our group, we all decided that we were okay for now but this didn't feel right. They didn't answer most of our questions.

Sitting their for a while the cafeteria was now empty of people with just us left. Suddenly the guy that last spoke walked in and headed straight to us.

"Hello," He greeted sounding kind but professional, " I'm going to be your trainer. My name is Derek, and yours are?" He asked us. 

I decided to go first, " I'm Lexa, Lexa woods." After I said my name the rest of my newly found friends just stared at me.

I sighed, "Since they are still in shock or something, This is Alex Russo, Amory Elena, and Tyjah Smith." I said surprised no one could speak.

Derek just looked at me.