Chapter 31: Together

When they got back to their rooms, Jessie and James collapsed onto the bed.

"Today was a great day", said James.

"I wish everyday were like this", said Jessie.

"Maybe someday it will be", James replied. He turned over and looked at Jessie, who was lying on her side, facing him. She reached her arm around him and kissed him.

"I am counting on it", she whispered in his ear.

Jessie climbed on top of him and they continued kissing. A few minutes later they started to get undressed. Jessie pulled James' shirt over his head and noticed the large scar going across his left rib cage. She stopped what she was doing and sat up so that she could see it more clearly.

"I can't believe I did this to you", she whispered, gently touching the scar.

"You didn't", he whispered. "

"But it was me, I remember doing it. I saw how it hurt you and I didn't even care", she replied.

Jessie recalled the image of James falling over, clutching his side and coughing up blood. The tears started to fall down her face.

"It's okay, Jessie. I forgive you. It's over now.", he said. "I know you didn't mean to do it. Let's just move pass this".

He dried her tears and continued to hold her.

"I missed you so much", he said.

"Me too" she replied. "I never want to leave you again".

"I will never leave you", he promised.

"Is this too good to be true?" Jessie asked quietly.

"Maybe, but I don't think of it like that", he answered.

"So you think that we deserve what happened to us", she asserted.

"No, but I do think that we deserve what we have now", James responded.

"Let's try this again", Jessie said as she climbed on top of him.

She leaned and kissed him all down his body. He let out a soft moan.

"Shh. There are a much of kids staying here", she whispered.

"Right", he said.

Thankfully no one heard them, or if they did, they didn't say anything about it the next day.

Xxxxxxxx

That night Misty and Bonnie sat in their room watching Hairspray while doing each other's nails. When the movie was over they sat on the floor, eating ice cream and talking.

"You know, even though I have three older sisters, I never got to do things like this before", said Misty.

"Really? Why not?" asked Bonnie.

"They are triplets, so they just got used to doing everything together. They are four years older than me and by the time I was old enough to do things with them they had moved on to doing other things", said Misty.

"I am glad that we can hang out like this. You are one of my favorite people ever! And my mom says that she thinks you are a good role model", said Bonnie.

"That's very sweet. I never saw myself as a role model before", she replied.

"Although I don't think she would want me eating ice cream this late at night!" said Bonnie.

"Well, you don't have to tell her all the details", Misty replied.

"When I was traveling with Ash, Clement, and Serena, I felt kind of left out", Bonnie admitted.