CHAPTER 11: The Place

Kyoung Mi’s jaw dropped. Her hand shook around her phone and she stopped on her tracks. Yunho, who was endlessly talking and babbling, didn’t notice that he was already talking to thin air.

“Kyoung Mi?” He turned around and was shocked to see Kyoung Mi, face pale, mouth open and phone on the ground. “Kyoung Mi!”

He ran back to where she was standing and shook her shoulders. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“O-o-oppa.” She muttered, looking down at her phone by her feet. “He-he-he texted.”

“Who? Who texted? Did some anonymous person send you threat message? Did someone see me with you?” He touched her cheek and cold hands.

“O-o-oppa.” She covered her face with her hands and cried. “He texted. He texted me. I’ve waited for years. And now he texted me because I’m hurting him.”

Yunho was worried. He had no idea what she was talking about. He never expected Kyoung Mi to cry on the street like this. “Kyoung Mi. Let’s go home first. You can’t break down here.” He tried wiping the tears on her cheeks, but more keep on falling from her eyes.

“N-n-no. I should go on my own. He doesn’t want to see me with another guy.” Kyoung Mi said in a hoarse voice as she pushed Yunho away.

“But I can’t leave you here, Kyoung Mi.” Yunho held her shoulders. “It’s nearly night!”

“No. I can’t go with you. Just go ahead.” She turned away and walked back on the way to the supermarket.

“Kyoung Mi!” Yunho called out to her, but she ran and disappeared from his sight. He decided to hurry home and tell the others about what happened.

~DBSK’s Dorm~

“Hyung!” Yunho shouted when he was a few feet from their dorm. “Manager hyung!”

“What is it?” Chun Ju quickly opened the door when he heard Yunho’s shout. “Where is Kyoung Mi?”

“She left.” Yunho was bent over, catching his breath. “She didn’t want to come with me. She said someone texted her, someone she’s been waiting for.”

“Lee Jun.” Jaejoong was suddenly behind Chun Ju, followed by the others.

“How did you know?” Yoochun asked Jaejoong, but he didn’t answer.

“Where did she go?” Jaejoong asked, taking a hat and scarf from his bag.

“I don’t know, but she went back the way to the supermarket.” Yunho was still gasping for breath. “I tried to stop her.”

“I’ll be back.” Jaejoong said and ran out of the house.

“Jaejoong!” Chun Ju shouted, but Jaejoong was already turning around the corner. “Aish. Come on, we need to look for them.”

Each of them got into their cars and sped off the road. They split up and searched every area they knew, but Kyoung Mi and Jaejoong were nowhere to be found.

~Seoul High School~

A girl sneaked into the school premises without the slightest notice of the guard on duty. She held her breath, not wanting to be heard by anyone. Her phone vibrated endlessly in her pocket, but she kept on ignoring it. She climbed the stairs. She was tireless. She went up to the 7th floor without pausing.

It was dark. The only light came from the school grounds and a tall light post by the window. She walked down the corridor, her face hidden by her disheveled hair. Soft sniffs were heard. Sniffs coming from her, the girl who looked as if she cried buckets of tears.