Chapter 3

Again, she woke up in the same bright room. Therefore, this was not a dream. She really had left that horrible place. Now she has just to be careful and good enough, to not to go back there. She did not know if she was allowed to leave the bed or even was she even allowed sitting on it. After all, those two strange men had made her to sleep. Hesitantly, she sat and leaned to the headboard of the bed. Maybe if she does not leave the bed, they would not be angry with her.

Then, she had considered that she is so much cleaner from before and there were bondages on her scars. New men were kinder than her former expectations. However, does this mean that they will not ever hurt her? Should she try to ran away again or just stay with them and do not ruin her chance with them? Also, they had changed her clothes, with something very strange looking. They had covered more of her body than her own clothes, but the fabric did not seem too much strong, good to be used for several years. Also, there was a strange looking band around her wrist. She wondered if it was anything about her being the property of a new owner.

She was yet thinking, when the man in white came in. Her body tensed with full awareness. She starred at him, monitoring his every move. Although she knew staring was very unbecoming of someone at her place, she couldn’t risk the chance of a sudden attack, when she was yet unsure if this man is her owner or not. However, He did not seem to be angry. She felt a little relaxed.

"Hi!" he said and then slowly came to her, standing beside her bed. She instantly looked down.

"Cool!" he said and then brought his hand to her face, slowly. He had a magic light in her hand. She flinched a little but did not resist and closed her eyes, waiting for whatever it was.

The man pulled up her eyelid and pointed that light in his hand to her eyes. She had not ever the felt the light in her eyes so closely. What she did; surprised both of them. She kick backed his hand and covered her eyes immediately. For her it was an involuntary reaction but she did not know what he has thought. Would he be angry, angry enough to beat her?

She sat there on the bed with semi flinched figure and closed eyes waiting for her punishment.

The man cared her chin gently. That made her looked back at him, hesitantly.

"Cool!" he said pushing his hand downward, facing her palm to her. It was different from the sign of 'down'. He had used that word of 'Cool' couple of times. Did he mean that she had to learn that? She wondered. Had she to learn their language? The idea looked like natural. Of course, the new owner wanted her to understand him. Unsure to what to do, she just nodded.

The man smiled at her that made her more comfortable. She tried to relax her body again. The man had wide shoulder, with light brown hairs and grey eyes. He was tall and seemed strong. He was ordering her to do things so does it mean that he is her new owner?

At the same time, a woman entered. She was in light blue dress. She came in with that tray of food and placed it in front of her, and then she looked back at the man. By their behavior, she taught that her new owner is superior to the woman. This made her calmer. Her owner was some sort of superior in this strange place. That meant he could protect her from others, if he wished to.

There on the tray of food were some strange and some familiar objects. She knew what a plate is. Sometimes she was allowed to use them, and it was the same for the bowl and mug. However, those other things were new. That thing was like a small rake. The other thing like knife was too small to be a knife and it did not look like to be sharp. The other thing looked like a little shovel. She had no idea that what would they do beside food.

The doctor was surprised by the confused look at her face. Of course, she knew what the food was. So what was the problem? With her life style, he doubted if she had ever eat like that, maybe more like an animal, no offense, he thought.