#5 - War of Feelings

#5 War of Feelings

Flashback

PIPER

Annabeth took a deep breath, "It's just... Pipes. It's not who I am. I don't break hearts. I always wanted to heal someone's heart, not shatter it!" Standing up abruptly, Annabeth turned around stiffly, "And you're starting to sound like an Aphrodite girl, what with all the breaking of hearts and all."

Annabeth sprinted back towards the cabins, and Piper followed suit quickly, chiding herself for being so insensitive to her friend's feelings.

Little did she know, that her efforts would be in vain. Some things were just too broken to mend. Things such as Annabeth's broken heart.

JOSIE

Josie had woken up feeling good about today. After her talk with Percy and Annabeth that night, she had gained courage, and had shed her Mist-trick-disguise, coming out clean, telling her siblings all about herself. Instead of shunning her as Josie had expected, one of her sisters, Lina, felt Josie's brown hair, ruefully wishing for dark hair like her.

Kaitlyn had immediately gushed over her dark eyes, which she thought were beautiful, and made Josie unique. Only Tracie and her posse gritted their teeth over jealousy.

During breakfast, Kaitlyn had murmured that Percy was staring at Josie. At that, Josie had blushed and denied it, even though her whole cabin knew of her crush on the Hero of Olympus. Josie had believed it to be impossible, after Annabeth had saved Percy from Order a few months ago, something only possible because of true love.

But believe it or not, after breakfast, they had broken up, while Annabeth had admitted that it was because of Josie. Percy had defended her, and this lead to the break-up.

Now, Piper was glaring at Jason, her arms crossed over her chest, just before she spat something at him and ran off in the direction that Annabeth had left in. Josie stood rotted to the spot, her mind whirling. She felt guilty for breaking up the happy couple. But had it really been her fault? Well, not really. Was it Josie's fault that Percy liked her more than Annabeth? No.

Josie should not be feeling guilty at all. None of it was her fault. Yet deep down inside Josie wanted run after Annabeth and apologise to her. The daughter of Athena had been so accepting and kind to Josie the whole time, and she had repayed the generosity with stealing her boyfriend.

Stop! It's not my fault! Josie grumbled mentally at her conscience. Percy had made a choice, and it was not her fault, even though Josie was doing cartwheels of happiness in her head. Her newly-developed crush liked her. It was just too good to be true!

Flicking her eyes to the guy in question, Josie took to staring at Percy Jackson, the way his fists balled up at his sides in anger, the line of his collarbone, the exact sea-green of his eyes.

Just then, someone tapped her from behind.

Kaitlyn Hickit whispered, "Percy Jackson is staring at you." The tone of her voice implied curiosity, but not jealousy, something that Josie loved about her bestie. She quickly realised that she and Percy had been staring into each other's eyes for a few minutes now.

Blushing profusely, Josie reluctantly tore her gaze away from Percy's muscular biceps, where her eyes had been roving. Percy caught her looking and relaxed slightly, before striding over to her

The campers surrounding the incident were starting to whisper when Percy walked over to Josie. Feeling her heart begin to palpitate furiously, Josie stuttered, "Ye...ye...yea? Percy?" Josie heard Kaitlyn's squeal when Percy stood right in front of her.