Chapter 2 ~ Evil Socks and Fangirls

~<3~ Chapter 2 ~<3~

Maddy’s POV

                Okay, I get that Rhii hates Rupert Grint, and I can’t say that I blame her; but Oliver Phelps, COME ON! Staying true to character she fell asleep pretty much as soon as we started moving, so me and Shanny continued our debate.

                “Oliver all the way, he’s way better looking,” I said, trying to make her see sense.

                “No he’s not! Rupert’s hair is way better, and Oliver is identical to James, so you wouldn’t know who’s who,” Countered Shanny, looking pleased with herself.

Maddy grinned, obviously seeing a euphemism in this “Exactly, so you’d have to have both, what a hardship!” I said and winked and I fantasised briefly about this.

                “You sicken me Madison,” Shanny grinned but dropped the subject.

                We both stayed quiet for a while, Shanny had her face buried in a book again and I started laughing at Rhii mumbling something about an evil sock in her sleep. I stretched and looked out of the window wondering where we were. I watched the country landscape turn more and more wild, changing from organised little cul de sacs through to heavily wooded forests. I sighed. Obviously I can’t wait to be back at Hogwarts, but something always makes me feel that my attitude to leaving my family until Christmas is entirely different to that of Rhii or even Shanny. Oh well, doesn’t matter.

                At some point during my inner monologue Mikey had slipped through the compartment door and was now sitting by Rhii staring at me as if I had suddenly sprouted green horns or something.

                “Hey stranger!” I greeted him as soon as I saw. He didn’t look too happy and my smile began to falter. “Hey… What’s wrong, are you alright?” I asked him, getting worried. Shanny seemed not to have noticed him come in either and was still reading her Rupert porn, so I elbowed her.

                “Ow, what was..!? Mikey!” She soon began babbling mindlessly, as per usual. I facepalmed.

                “Shanny, you know I love you… But shut up for like 5 minutes… Mikey, what’s wrong?” I asked him getting really worried now.

                “N-nothing… By the way, Diggory’s on a rampage, he’s still not happy with you three for turning him down,” he said and pulled out a book. Jeez, my 3 best friends are obsessive bookworms!

                “Oh great, Diggory… Yay,” Shanny said sarcastically. “Yenno Maddy, I thought you’d go with him, you always said he was fit,” She added.

                “Shuttup Shanny, he’s an annoying sparklepire with the personality of a flu swat,” I nodded to myself as I made my point… Come to think of it, his resemblance to Robert “Edward Cullen” Pattinson was uncanny… Hmm. At that point the compartment door swung open and he marched in. I stood up defensively and Shanny flanked me. Mikey was busy trying in vain to poke Rhii (still mumbling about socks or whatever) awake. I love her to bits, but she’s a bloody nutter.

                “What do you want, Diggory?” I asked, pulling my wand out.

                “Oh, you’ll see,” He sneered and drew his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know my chapters are getting shorter, but oh well, hope you enjoy :P