Last Day 03 (Ivan's POV)

Our plans in life were just in perfect track until a bad news came last year. It was her birthday when she suddenly fainted. We immediately rushed her to the hospital and stayed there for almost a week for her platelets were intermittently dropping. Week after, the doctor delivered a bigger bad news to us.

Shane was discovered to have leukemia. Already in late stage.

She was already sick in her 20's, just a year later after she gave birth to our child. We did several tests, checkups, treatments, etc. but the Doctor told us that it was too late already. Her days are counted.

I was so afraid that I would lose her any moment. I wanted to punish myself for not knowing about her condition earlier. I could have sent her to checkups, underwent series of tests, got her to hospital and be treated sooner. I hated myself for being such a loser and a lame man, I felt sorry for her. But all I have done was cried, wept over and over again. I could have done anything else. With her remaining days, I stayed with her every time. I even gave up my job just to look for her and be with her. I treated her like she was fragile as she got frailer over time. I couldn't help it.

Shane's doctor allowed her to get out from the hospital. It was one of Shane's wish to stay in our house while waiting for her days (saying these words just crumpled my heart). I wanted her to stay in the hospital and get proper treatment but she insisted, and I always couldn't say no to her.

And now I get it, it was one of her long time wish.

"I want to die here in the same place where we had our proposal, wedding, and first date together while seeing your face alone," she told me after our wedding day.

How dumb of me not to realize this. And so again, I was too late in picking up signs.

Tonight is probably going to be our last day.