Last Day 04 (Ivan's POV)

"Do you wanna sleep for a moment?" I said while holding back my tears.

Still in her smiling face, "If I will sleep now, I probably won't ever see you again."

Signs. She was giving another sign. I was never afraid in my whole life than this day. "Are you..." I cried hard "...Now leaving me?"

I felt farewell in front of her eyes. She nodded, "Take good care of our child." Her hand reached my chest, "And of course, your heart."

I clasped her hands together with mine, "Are you really ready to leave me now?"

"I have to," in her weakest voice. She laughed quietly. "No more late night talks with you, late phone calls at night when you go overtime, no more constant nagging from me. Going back those days feels just like yesterday, but today's the last day that we'll ever be together."

I have been ready from the beginning that I will lose her some time. But how could it be too soon? I looked up at the sky, but even the stars we saw together also look weaker.

"But I am not ready to send you off," I sobbed.

"I love you," she closed her eyes as the ticking of my watch began to stop.

The morning without her will come. Tomorrow everything will be gone. But she will always be alive in my memory. That night, granting her last and final wish, was our last day together.

| THE END |