5. Love Your Neighbor

Have you ever watched Easy A? It was a movie wherein a virgin woman pretended to be a "slut" to help others fix their images. But whatever, she's not our topic. A group of students actually caught my attention. One of them was a blonde girl who always talks about Jesus and condemns the virgin woman for being a slut and says she'll go to hell.

I am a VIP, a fan of BigBang - a Kpop group, just so you know. And that being said, I admit that some Kpoppers (sorry for lack of noun) are becoming less tact about what they say. So if you don't know much about Kpop, all you have to keep in mind is a full package boy/girl group. They sing; they dance; they are beautiful creatures; and people think that they MUST BE perfect people. So when they commit mistakes, netizens freak out and condemn them as much as they can and they will.

Chito Miranda. Ah, that great musician. I am a so inlove with Parokya ni Edgar's songs. So there, his sex video was uploaded on the internet and he released this statement defending his girlfriend from the people who condemn her.

Condemn. What a heavy word to describe a person's act towards the other.

They deserve it. They have done something wrong. They needed to be punished.

Who are we, again? Are we the ones who were supposed to judge anybody? Are we the ones who were supposed to punish anybody? Are we the ones who should call our neighbors names because they did something bad? Are we the perfect and innocent people who will be forcedly flawed because they displayed such indecency? Are we?

I am defending them. Yes - those people whom the society thinks are worthless and dirty. I stand with them and I wrote this to prove my standing. And no. I am not defending what they do.

I am defending them but not what they did. How's that? Condemn the deed, not the doer.

Guys, instead of judging people by yourself, how about we help them to get over their sins and build a new life with Christ? Yes, we should try to guide them as much as we can but we should be mindful of the words we use.

First, let's try to be on his shoes. Why did I do it? What didn't I do it? What pushed me to do it? Why am I like this? Ask those questions to yourself as soon as you have tried to take his place. Understand him. It's the key.

Second, never, ever, make him feel that he is inferior to you. Talk to him just like how you will talk to a friend. Keep in mind that he might be a sensitive person and carelessly laying the truth in front of him might blind him instead. Start slow, but if his personality isn't used to slow convo, then, you can just say it bluntly.

Third, give him some suggestions or advices. Take him to a priest or a pastor or if you can manage, you yourself can have a heart to heart talk with him.

Fourth, never push him to do what you wanted him to do. Convince him as much as you can, but never force him. Do it in an implied way wherein he himself will be open for your help.

And lastly, tell him that he is not alone. Many people are also suffering from what is happening to him now and crying on the corner won't help him. He has a friend, and that's you. And most importantly, he has a God.

Let's help them, not condemn them.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

-Mark 2:17

PS. Sending my hugs for the rainy season~ I hope everyone's fine! :)