Chapter 6

Lori awoke slightly dazed, partly still in her dream. She pulled the sheets off her and swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood.

This was most unusual. Lori was aware of being awake however it felt like someone was tugging some sort of strings lightly, which were connected to her. She was able to glance at Thor, he was sleeping soundly. Lori retrieved the letter, and began walking; something was still propelling her forward.

In this drunken state, Lori seemed to hear small snickers inside her head, like the thing that had control of her was laughing at her. She came to a spiralling staircase leading underneath the palace – the dungeons. Lori had the urge to stop moving though something wretched her forward.

The stairs steered Lori to a semi-circler room, of what she could see, there was some sort of moon-like light cascading into the room. The hue shed light onto a pair of shackles that were mounted to the wall. Lori shifted her weight uneasily.

“So, you found me…” Someone murmured, though they were shrouded in the darkness. They chuckled quietly to themselves, as if reliving a private joke. It was Loki.

“You look exquisite Lori.” Loki stepped forward, a moon-like light illuminating him. She shifted her weight again – she would do this if she became nervous or uncomfortable. Loki noticed this.

“You don’t accept compliments easily, do you?” His question filled the silence between them.

Loki stepped forward, getting closer to Lori, he hummed enjoying the proximity. “You’re wearing silver… Second best… Like me… I like you in this colour… It’s very me…”

“You are maddening,” Lori informed him.

“I try to be…” he purred, Lori felt his eyes darkening.

“You wanted me to come and see you?”

Loki stepped back to address her, “Yes, but, see, you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t willing to see me…”

“What?”

“I used a few variables, to get you here, but they would never have worked if you weren’t keen to see me.”

“The strings?” Lori asked.

“Yes – as it were. But it pleases me that they worked on you.” Loki smiled, “because you can be quite stubborn…”

“Well, I only wanted to see you because of the letter.” Lori stated. When Loki didn’t say anything, Lori continued, “We need to stop this.”

“This?”

“Going behind his back,” Loki stepped even closer than he did last time “Loki, I’m with Th—” Loki caressed her neck with his lips, cutting her off.

“He deserves better…” She tried again.

Loki breathed against her throat, “Of course he does, because then I’ll be forever in his shadow…” He began kissing her again. He grazed his lips against her jaw, “just give in Lori…”

Loki held Lori’s face in his hands, looking at her, his eyes filled with want and desire, they grew even darker; if that was possible, and he kissed her. She gave up all ambition to try and leave him; she backed up against a wall. Loki smirked. She was allowing him.

Loki licked her bottom lip pleading entry; once granted, Lori was prepared, and they fought for supremacy.  Loki enjoyed the sudden challenge. He played his advantage, his hands slid down the silk fabric, over her waist, hips and thighs. His mouth retreated, and his lips trailed onto her neck. Lori gasped in surprise, Loki took his chance. He grabbed hold of the material, and tore the fabric; the night’s air was icy against her thighs; his unexpected touch, made her shudder.

Loki skimmed the fabric off her shoulders revealing her collarbone; his mouth travelled, seeking for more flesh of this mortal.  He bit into her skin making her cry out which only made him bite harder.

His hand roamed upward and found her hair; he tugged it from the bun it was in, and let her waves tumble over her shoulders. He observed her.

“That’s better. Now – what shall I do with you…?” He smiled broadly.

She bit her lip. His eyes darkened, and deepened in colour.

He looked down at the ground beside her. “I’m so sorry; I’ve ruined your nightgown. However, I prefer it this way…” He reached forward, his hand slipped under the hem of her material, feeling the warmth of her skin against his icy touch, she tensed.

“Do I frighten you?” He murmured. “Lori, you have nothing to fear,” He cupped her face into his hands. “I would never hurt you – unless you were willing, of course.” He smirked.

“Loki!” Lori pushed his shoulder, causing him to lose his balance, when he regained it; he grabbed her waist pressing her against him. He whispered into her ear, “No, Lori…” He tugged his teeth on her earlobe, causing her to moan, “You were made to be ruled…”