Just Because.

--------- Anaya

I was instructed by Mrs. Lana to perform a "Bollywood dance" for the graduation party because it was highly requested by students and teachers. Now you see the problem is that I don't feel like presenting a dance to the entire senior class. Another problem would have to be the people that I've been assigned to dance with.

The dance form consists of four girls. Two of them being the prettiest girls of the class aka most popular. Their fathers own two major companies which ultimately leads them to be rich snobs.

One of those five girls is my best friend, Aleyna. She is the only reason I believe I can get through this performance with these brats.

I'm really nervous cause this would be my first time actually breaking through my social barrier and presenting myself to the entire class.

Especially to people that barely knew of me or the people I never really spoke with. Such as Abhi and his group of popular friends. It's been four years of high school and the only time I actually interacted with Abhi was when we accidentally collided into each other in the hallway.

It's not that I am shy or reluctant to speak to him but its the fact that we are completely different in the way we perceive life.

He is just a conceited stud who can easily get all the girls to swoon. Whereas I am just the quiet girl who is too invested in her studies. So invested that I couldn't even care about my social status or maintaining a reputation in school.

And today, after many practices, I have to perform the dance in front of everyone. Saying I'm just nervous is an understatement. I am frantically rushing to find my long traditional ghagra for tonight's performance.

Once I wore my dress, I sat to apply my makeup and jewelry.

Aleyna assists in pinning my dupatta's (scarf's) end with my ghagra.

I turn to help her set her dupatta once she's done setting mine.

I look up at her and ask,

"Are you nervous? Cause I am."

She raises her right eyebrow, bites her lip and shakes her head.

"Stop stressing about it!! I'm not nervous cause I actually just want to get it over with."

We laughed and made our way outside to my car once we were ready. The party is rumored to be in a Grand Ballroom at the Radisson Blue Hotel.

We enter the hotel's parking lot and begin to search for parking. I turn the steering wheel to the left, merging into the next lane to check for an empty spot. Aleyna quickly alarms me of the parking on the other side of the lane. I start speeding up just a bit, hoping to make it before somebody else enters from the opposite side to park. I'm just about to turn my steering wheel to park before a Black BMW drives straight into my spot.

"What the shit?!"

My head jolts forward from the impact of hitting the brake pedal so suddenly.

I look straight ahead to see Abhi come out of the driver's seat along with his friend, Amaan, to laugh and high five each other.

"Are you serious? These cock suckers think that was funny?!"

I turn to Aleyna and furrow my eyebrows in confusion to her statement.

"Cock suckers??"

"Yeah cock suckers.."

I chuckle and look back to see Abhi turn to look straight at me.

He instantly stops laughing and turns to Amaan, signaling for him to stop laughing.

He puts his left hand in his pocket and raises his right hand to wave at us. He smiles slightly, displaying a little of his dimple on his right cheek.

I continue glaring at him, reverse and drive away.

"Niceee."

I laugh and turn to Aleyna,

"I'm just annoyed cause he thinks that was funny. My car could have smashed his and I sure as hell can't afford a new one."

"We both know he can though."