Chapter 21

Flashback

Trishas POV

He held my hands on his and looked at me with those loving eyes and I began to wonder how this man could love me with all these ugly things that I am. How could he bear to touch me with such gentleness and made me feel like I am the most beautiful woman in the world?

"Don't cry, love", he wiped the tears escaping my eyes. "Come on, love. Tell me, did I make you feel bad and sad?", he pouted his lips like a child.

Unable to form any sensible words from all the emotions I have been feeling, I shook my head and offered him a smile.

"Arghhh... why are you even crying now? ", he groaned loudly and I saw panic slowly creeping out on him.

The great Sebastian Lord was now in panic? Unbelievable.

Again, I shook my head.

"Are you hungry? Do you want chocolates? Pizza? I'll cook for you. Come on, just tell me what can I do to make you stop crying", he removed his hands away from my hands and brought them touching my cheeks. His own eyes glimmered with crystal tears. And again, I wondered, how could this man even cry in front of me? How many male could make them vulnerable and cry in front of a woman forgetting their precious pride?

I choked a laughed knowing that he could never cook a proper food. He was used to have someone cook for him. A personal chef even.

"And now you are laughing at me because I try to be romantic", he pouted even more.

"I'm sorry", I said between my unstoppable laugh. I am happy. Very happy.

"Tsk", he turned away from me and crossed his arms on his chest. Without any hesitation, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. At first, I felt his body stiffen maybe because he was surprised or maybe because he was still not used to people hugging him showing affection but then, I felt he did the same putting his arms around my waist pulling me closer. I did not bother of how close we were or how tight we were holding each other, what mattered the most was that we did not need words to know what we felt for a long time now.

"Stop sniffing my hair, Seb", I playfully punched his arm when I felt him nuzzling in my hair breathing in my scent.

"You smell so good, love", he chuckled and I joined him.

"This is so nice. I want to stay like this forever", he said.

"What? You want me crying forever?", I faked the sadness in my voice.

"What?! What are you saying? Of course not! That's not what I mean... I mean.. I want... it's.. we", I giggled. He seemed so alarmed that he said everything very quickly but incoherently. It was a very rare sight and moment to see him like this.

"Breathe. I was only messing with you, Seb"

"Arghhh.. why are you always making fun of me?"

"Sorry", I giggled even more.

"The things I do for love" he whispered.

And he hugged me even more tightly.

"I love you", he whispered. I smiled with tears flowing freely from my eyes. I was indeed very happy right now, mom.

"I love you", he repeated louder this time.

"Hmmm..."

"I said, I love you", he pulled away from me and looked at me with an irritated face. My man was always an eager man. Yes, my man.