A War Of Hearts - Shadowhunters AU - Fem Rin

The blond turns to the spunky redheaded woman, she was rarely free from her heavy workload in Idris, so to spend time with her like this is a rarity. They sit together, legs entwined upon the third member of their party's sofa. The warlock's home provided safety for the pair when they dared break Institutional conduct and brave the outside world – which usually meant getting together with the High-Warlock of Iwatobi, Ryuugazaki Rei.

"Rin-chan, you know what state my family is in, right?"

"I do indeed, that is why I'm here. The Clave have revoked Hazuki Namiko's right to run the Iwatobi Institution while your parents are under investigation of being members of the Circle and conspiring to claim the Mortal Cup."

Nagisa freezes, blood turning to ice. His mother would no longer be in charge of the Institute?

"Then who will be running it?"

"I will, they shipped me off from Idris to assume control of the Iwatobi Institute. It is a situation I would have never longed for, despite that meaning that I would be closer to the two of you."

Rei sticks his head into the living room from the kitchen as he selects the ideal drinks for the night ahead, "The Matsuoka family will be replacing the Hazuki family?"

Rin nods her head and casts a glance at the warlock, "Kouis taking my position back in Idris temporarily."

"But what about-" Nagisa goes quiet, suddenly desperate for some alcohol to burn his throat.

"Drinks anybody?" Rei offers, striding into the room, holding a silver tray over his head, three cocktail glasses resting upon it.

He snaps his fingers and the drinks illuminate with shimmering clouds of decorative mist.

"Always a stickler for presentation, eh, Rei?"

"Of course, Rin-san."

"I told you the honorifics aren't unnecessary!"

"But to be conversing so intimately with Shadowhunters, as a mere Downworlder, I have no right to drop the honorifics!" Rei raises his hands and shakes his head.

Nagisa smiles fondly before taking hold of his drink. This was one of Rei-chan's weird habits, despite the closeness of the bond between the trio, Rei constantly had to remind his partners that he was of a lower status and therefore unworthy of their intimacy.

His status never meant much to the considerably more liberal younger generation. Rin was always relaxed when it came to establishing trusting relationships with Downworlders. As long as the respect was mutual, the redheaded woman was happy to regard them on the same level – Rei, to her, was no different from Nagisa.

Nagisa would always agree – they grew up together after all. To the blond, everything was to happen for a reason. That is exactly why he never questioned what drew him to the High Warlock of Iwatobi.

Physically, nobody could deny that Rei was a beautiful man – a statuesque physique and a breath-taking smile. Rei has always been a jewel – with shining violet eyes that are full of experience and wisdom, and stunning cerulean hair that was a common trait with the Iwatobi warlocks. Somehow, despite the fact that Rei resembled his two immortal siblings, he was the most beautiful.

The three sip their drinks and wait for Rei to set the mood – he snaps his fingers and a speaker attached to the wall lets music pulsate throughout the hall.

The three do not waste time, to be together is not a commonality, especially since Rin is usually in Idris.

_-_-_-_-_-_