Chapter 25: Do Over

Brad: "MORNING CARRIE!"

Carrie grabs her head.

Carrie: "Why do you have to be such an ass?"

Brad: "Cause you're marrying me."

Carrie: "Don't push your luck."

Brad: "How's your hangover?"

Carrie: "Does dying count as a hangover?"

Brad: "I'll get you some Advil."

As Brad walked downstairs he could hear Miranda throwing up in the bathroom. He knocked on the door.

Brad: "Ran? Are you ok in there?"

Miranda: "Do I sound ok?!"

Brad: "I'm getting Carrie an Advil you want some?"

Miranda: "I want death but guess I can make do with pain killers."

Brad walked into the kitchen took out four tablets and got two bottles of water. He walked back to the bathroom and gave Miranda her tablets and a bottle of water. He went upstairs and gave Carrie her two tablets and the other water.

Brad: "Miranda's downstairs getting rid of whatever she had in her stomach. Speaking of which I should probably call Blake and tell him to pick her up."

He walked over to his nightstand and grabbed his cell phone, he dialed Blake's number a got a hold of him. He agreed to pick Ran up and said he was on his way, Brad hung up the phone and laid down next to Carrie. After a few hours Miranda was gone and so was Carrie's hangover. Brad was downstairs making lunch when he noticed Carrie walking in looking like her normal self.

Brad: "Feeling better?"

Carrie: "Much."

Brad: "I made you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I was gonna cook something on the stove but it finally broke this morning."

Carrie laughed.

Carrie: "We should go shopping for a new stove."

Carrie took the plate, walked over to the table and sat down. Brad walked over and sat down next to her.

Brad: "Oh I forgot to give this to you last night."

Carrie: "What?"

Brad reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box.

Carrie: "WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! Don't open it yet, I was remembering last night and you said you had something planned. I also remember that you never asked me I just said yes. So by that law you still owe me a purposal."

Brad: "So you want me to go with the plan I had set for tonight?"

Carrie: "Yep."

Brad: "Ok um well I guess our date starts tonight, so I'm gonna hop in the shower."

Carrie: "Wait how should I dress?"

Brad: "Fancy."

Carrie: "Well fancy is my name."

Brad: "Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. Come on it's already three and it's gonna take us a while to get there."

Carrie: "So it's someplace far away."

Brad: "Wait. You don't know where we're going?"

Carrie: "No...why?"

Brad: "Wow you don't really remember being drunk do you?"

Carrie: "I remember bits and pieces."

Brad: "Ok...well let's go, come on."

After Brad showered and changed, Carrie changed and they were on their way. Carrie recognized the place right away mainly because they were going to the airport.

Carrie: "Why are we at the airport?"

Brad: "To get on our jet."

Brad grabbed Carrie's hand and held it all the way to the jet, when they got inside they buckled up and then took off.

Carrie: "Where are we going?"

Brad: "You'll find out soon enough."

Two hours went by, Brad nudged Carrie awake and they both stepped off the jet.

Carrie: "Ok this place looks familiar but I...oh wait that can't be right...what are we doing in Las Vegas?"

Brad stepped behind her and placed a blindfold over eyes and tied it tight.

Carrie: "You're not kidnapping me are you?"

Brad: "Care if I was gonna kidnap you I would've done it when I first laid eyes on you."

Carrie: "That's sweet...and kind of creepy."

Brad guided her to the taxi he already had waiting for them, he handed him the address that was on a napkin and he stepped on the gas. When they got there Brad helped Carrie out of the car and guided her inside. When they got to the center of where he wanted her to stand he took of the blind and Carrie's mouth dropped. When she could see she saw the arena she first performed at on Brad's tour. It was covered in Christmas lights and she saw a microphone in the middle of roughed up dirt.

Brad: "It's the rodeo...I first place I ever performed with you. Now music has always been a part of my life but I always felt like something was missing...until that night...I found out what was missing...you. When I performed with you for the first time my heart melted I never felt so happy to be up on stage like I was at that moment. And later that night when we had our first kiss I knew I was doing something wrong but it didn't matter because it felt so right. Because I was with the right person, and I never want to be with the wrong person ever again. So um with that said. Carrie..."

He took a step back and got down on one knee, and opened the ring box to reveal a pumpkin sized diamond ring.

Brad: "Will you be my June Carter to my Johnny Cash for the rest of our lives?" 

With tears in her eyes and hands over her moth she managed to say one word.

Carrie: "...yes..."

A/N
Hope you liked it. Comment and vote!!! Love ya'll!!!!
-Alisha❤️❤️❤️