Prologue

You remember that your heart was throbbing. Small gashes appeared on your legs and arms as you try and look at people running and screaming from boulders and rocks which were eerily lifted off the ground and swiftly dragged across the street with a thunderous sound. You didn't know what was happening, but you had been scratched by small chunks of cement in the process and you need medical attention.

You were just lost. You had known New York all your life but it didn't seemed to reason why you were just idling as if you were also searching for somebody. The top of the building near you produced a dreadful thunderous sound and realized that it's about to fall apart. Looking up, you saw floating chunks of cement hit other buildings going north in a meticulous line.

Gasping for air with saucer-like eyes, a big chunk of building block was about to fall on you and you were suddenly pushed by someone. Someone who was hard, but surprisingly warm. Both of you rolled unto the course pavement and you firmly grasped his bicep as if your life depended on it.

You were scared and hurt that you realized that you cannot fathom to open your eyes. Silently sobbing to yourself, the guy's shirt was soaked with dirt and your tears, you heard a voice. Not your own voice but a man's voice. You wondered where it was from but no mouths were moving, only people screaming for help and running for their lives. It's as if it was inside your head but you couldn't summon your imagination to imagine this. Are you imagining this? It was husky like he had been fighting a hard battle and has a slightly heavy British accent to it. You tried to stop crying to hear what it said.

"You're gonna be okay..." The voice assured you. Yes, you said to yourself. It's in my head. Surely it's not your conscience because you know your own voice. You're a reporter for god sake; voice of the world, first person to speak to the universe and you know what your voice sounded clearly.

You noticed that he was still huddled to you. He loosened his grip and looked at you better with a concerned look that seemed to match the tone you heard inside your mind. You felt relaxed all of a sudden as he stared at you with his blue piercing eyes that hued bluer when stricken with the right angle of light. He was doing something in your mind that made you stay calm. You know it had to be because you feel a light force that softly brushed the side of your face and cooled as if ice had been placed.

He took you to a nearby post where the walls looked sturdier than ever and unaffected by the eerie floating rocks. He looked up to see them still floating. You wondered if he knew anything about those rocks because he was pondering, eyes followed the line that led to Times Square.

He looked at you again, carefully dropping you off to the ground. "Stay safe, alright?" He smoothed a lock of your hair and placed it behind your ear. And back when you know it, he was gone.

_________ _________ _________

Hi, guys! I hope you like this. It's very short, I know. Let me know what you think.