Chapter 3

You arrive at your destination where the first thing you see is an old ruin-like mansion with a classic pathway leading up to the main gate. It almost makes you think that you're seeing a magnificent castle.

You look at the brochure of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Fair enough, it is true to its word: it's high class.

There are no people roaming around nearby or they must have been in their classes. You feel Drew tense, his hands wiping absentmindedly on his dark denim pants.

"It's your decision. Stop being so nervous." You coax him.

"I know. I can't help it." He nervously chuckles. You curve slightly to the left where an entryway greets you. The gate opens and you look at him sideways shortly, "Don't worry, Drew. Everyone tenses up on first days." You laugh, ruffling his dark messy hair like a child. He swipe your hand away and rolls his eyes.

"You'll be nervous too, Y/N. Professor's there." He smugly reply.

"Whose that?" You say. Seems familiar. Oh wait— you pretend to not know him. Drew isn't the right person to talk your feelings with. Ever since that night you saw him on his wheelchair, you couldn't stop thinking about him. It's been weird lately that you know there's something at the back of your head you're missing, but you dismiss it anyhow.

"Mhm. You act like a teenager." He chortles. You silently drop the topic by adding, "Yeah, like you. You seem to really like this 'Professor' do you?"

"Charles is rad," He thinks for a moment before adding, "we shouldn't talk about him. It's rumored that he has the most powerful minds in the world. Maybe he can hear what we just said. Especially you talking about him." He laughs and you feel your cheeks slightly burning. You almost forgot that Drew is mutant. That word seems perverse as you say it. And you also forgot that Charles, too, is mutant, and a powerful one.

You're quite excited to see him personally, but you too act like Drew as well. Nervous. You wonder if he knows you still. He had saved many lives before and you reported his prominent actions on the news as well, but you didn't know about him at that time.

"Then we should keep quiet. You're making it sound like I'm so interested in him when all I want is to thank him for saving my life." You retort. You're almost at the parking lot where no cars are even parked except for a weird-looking contraption that is likely mistaken as an aircraft in some sort.

"I've heard that story before. That's so cliche." You both sit still inside the car, not really in a mood to go out and venture. Drew's restlessness is slightly gone, replaced by relief that you talk to him about it. Well, about your 'ostensibly' relationship with Charles.

"You're very weird, kid. Get out." you slightly push his shoulder as a sign that you should go inside the mansion and look for the Professor X.

You both walk to the pathway you see afar back where you were at the gates. Gladly, the main door is open with two softly illuminating porch lights at both sides of it. Next thing you heard is the ambient sound of students passing by. Your eyes grow big as the inside of the mansion amazes you. There you see a girl reading a book which is floating at her eye level, a guy with scaly elf-like ears, and a whole other of peculiar beings you don't see everyday conversing.

Drew sneaks his hands in his jacket pockets and meanders around. Who shall you talk to? You seem like an intruding foreigner. A very few people are eyeing both of you, until somebody comes up to you.

He looks oddly familiar.

"Hey, Drew. Good afternoon Ms. L/N. I'm— I'm Hank McCoy. It's a pleasure meeting you." He takes both of your hands with his and shake them vigorously. Laughing nervously, you look at Drew and shrug at him. He has something on his neatly gelled hair. It looks like a spec of blue dust or something which must have landed on his head without him noticing it. Even so, you seem like you already know him before so you're comfortable with him and it's less awkward.