Chapter 4

"As I was saying," Charles withdraws himself from you and turns to his table. You observe that his scent drifts away with him. He smells like spring; it feels warm that you want to be cozy with him as you snuggle closer, imagining that your head is placed on the slender crook of his neck, inhaling what seems to be amber spices.

Other than that, you're not sure if that is what you call a smooth pass or a rude gesture, but you ignore it anyhow since it doesn't bother you. Not a bit... Peachy. You just finished fantasizing about his scent and now you forced yourself back to reality.

That's gross.

Xavier goes to his desk again and rummages in a drawer and picks up a small, hardly thick pieces of papers and another brochure about the school. He hands it to you and you check to see that it's a map and Drew's classes. Thank god your hands didn't touch. That'd be awkward now. You don't know what does Telekinesis Control class must be, but you guess that's a mutant thing.

"You should give that to Drew when he has already settled in." Damn his voice is gruff. He rolls his way to a bookshelf near the window behind his chair and scans it only to take out a few ones that interests him.

You're still standing there not knowing what to do. Maybe it's time for you to leave but no. "Well, I have a class to teach, Ms. L/N. Cheerio."He rolls past you, avoiding eye contact in a nonchalant way as possible with his goddamn books placed on his lap as he exits his room.

Such a gentleman, he is.

For a man who seems very intelligent and posh, he has an interesting attitude that is nerve-racking. You swear, you've never met any guy who says Cheerio in an opulent tone as if he's mocking you or making you feel bad. But at least it sounded cute. Cute to strangle him you mean. If only you could also have the same powers as him you'd do that thing where he would manipulate you, you'd tell him to strangle himself already.

CHARLES

Teaching children with gifts that no human or even mutant ever has requires patience and determination. Ever since I helped my friends control their powers, I'm inspired at how teaching got me to be a person that is needed. Like I'm important to them. It is something that I never regret in my entire state of living in this messed up world.

"Professor!" I turn to see Sarah Turner with her bright blue eyes gleaming at me. "Look! I know how to levitate an object now." I stop to see it. She has a small pocket book placed on her hand, a pocket thesaurus to be exact. We both stare at it, and I can also see that she tries to regain focus with a silent look on her face, staring right at it like she's going to make a fire with her eyes. Next thing we know, nothing happened.

"Oh snap, I got it before, I swear! It levitated for more than half a second." The dismay on her face is perceptible. Instead of showing my disappointment, which I'm not, I smile at her.

"I believe you Sarah. Telekinesis is a hard ability to manage. You'll get there in a bit, just keep on practicing." I assure her. I remember Sarah Turner when she told me that she was kicked out by her parents for possessing strange energy that had been happening in their home. It was a hard one for her, but she wielded it eventually and I'm glad that she's satisfied now.

She seems enthralled and determined. Then I sense that she seems to be stalling.

"Don't you have a class with Colossus?" I chime. She steadies still for a while with guilt. She laughs nervously and scratches her head.

"Yeah. I almost forgot about it." I squint my eyes at her response. "Sarah." I slyly hint a smile. Then she suddenly waves a hand on me. "I have to go, Mr. X, bye!"

I look at her as she slowly faded, it's as if something invisible is swallowing her. Yes, faded. She's known to have invisibility as her main ability. She still smiles guiltily at me until she turned into air and maybe ran to the training center.

My students have a way of making me feel as if they're my children and I am their intelligent father who manipulates mind just for them to do their homework. Well, we are a family. I knew Sarah Turner since she was thirteen. As soon as she opens up and let her past go, she turns out to be a sweet girl who'd love to interact with people.

Most students know that I have mind powers but what they don't know or maybe what they intend to forget is that I sense them when I can. Gladly, Sarah's presence is gone and I know that she's really gone is because I don't have my genetic cells telling me that there's a girl trying to skip class while she's trying to be invisible doing it.

I don't sense, Y/N leaving though. She's still here. I don't know what came over me when I went so near to her. She looks so intriguing that I palpably want to touch her skin or maybe touch my lips to her soft ones. That is very unfitting to say but I admit to it. Never felt this way to a woman before... I don't even know if I ever dated someone in my entire life.

As a man who possesses telepathic powers, I never used it to get someone into my life as if to manipulate them to like me. I especially never intend to use it to Y/N. She's too sweet to be manipulated. Scratch that, she's a feisty woman to begin with and it's stressing me out. Overreacting even. Just— no. To be frank, I think she's manipulating me! I don't know why I'm acting like an utter fool and weirdly intellectual when I'm with that woman. Maybe she's impressed with carnal men like me.

She's making my insides flow as to what my female students would say when they have weird feelings when they see Alex Summers. Just replace 'She' to 'He.' If only they know that Alex picks his nose in public and he's putting those grubby fingers on the handles of my wheel chair to help me.

It's absurd that I like her. I ask myself as to why I saved her on a food chain building? I'm practically so noble to leave humans behind a tragedy and leave them with their own suffering but I will never forget how she stares at me with those (color of your eyes) eyes with soft, fragile face as if she was so surprised that a hero like me would haul her out from a craggy infrastructure.

I knew that it was her when Alex and I came up at the Morgan's private house. It's the same sense I feel all over again. It's alluring and it's hard to avoid it. At first I doubt that it was her because I never thought I would see her again. Then I looked through the news one time and saw her attractive face on television speaking out how a young man who saved kids inside a bus as they drowned trapped inside it on a rocky flowing river.

Now I know that she's a newscaster. Her attitude is far from being a professional one in personal. On television she is as mature as a reporter but when I met her, she's so far from being one. Well, she's talkative and she always demands something to argue about ,maybe she's so fussed about political news that she's always reporting and she brought it up as her characteristic and dump it on people she meet, but she has a shy manner in showing me what she is.

As soon as discussion starts, I explain physics and equilibrium to my students. These are very important to the ones who possess psychic abilities and for the others who are weak at it. "Every mutant must know their ground, weaknesses, strengths, basic common sense." I say to them.

Even though I'm having my lesson, my mind would slowly wander about her. Not all the time, though. I know how distractions work, but I have to say she's a hard one to erase. And, there are also a few students who are telepathic like me. I could block them out, but it seriously takes up work. I don't want them to think otherwise that I have incoherent thoughts about someone who doesn't even like me. I concentrate again, flipping the page of my physics book, pressing on to the lesson.

Stop thinking about her.

——

Hi. I'm sorry if there are lots of run-on sentences and that it's short.