Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                You wake up sweating. A bead of perspiration rolls down from your forehead down to your cheek and you curiously wipe it with the back of your palm. Usually it's often cold here in New York since it is late autumn. The thermostat isn't broken is it? You're pretty sure that you set it up normally every day. You wake up anyway, sitting up straight as you rub your eyes.

"Drew." You gasp as you hastily lift the covers of your bed and hurriedly go to the spare bedroom where your former roommate slept last month and Drew sleeps in it now. As you go nearer to his room, the floor goes hot, not too hot but it still gives you a jump and you scram farther with a shock look.

"What the hell?" You mutter then you tilt your head a little bit to the right to see Drew Morgan if he's sleeping because his door is open slightly. You find out that he is sleeping, but he's murmuring something that you couldn't make it out what he says.

You head back to what he said to you last night.

I just lost control... The house burned down and it's all my fault...

You're astonish to know that Drew has something unexplainable that you don't want to admit. You have read them before and you even reported about it too. You thought that you should wear shoes and the first pair of shoes you see are your rain boots. You slip them on and dash to Drew.

The air is warm and when you draw closer to Drew it becomes warmer. It is true. He's an actual mutant. You have a mutant sleeping in your apartment, that's very nice.

Based on what your heard about them, they infiltrate military systems and weaponry and they're the main reason of mayhem and havoc around the city. There is one news about the woman in blue. She got injured in the White House, you remember, but the main news about her is that she saved the president. You guess some of them aren't that bad at all, and surely Drew isn't a bad... person.

"Drew?" You call out but he doesn't budge. He's sweating as well and his brows furrow as if he's pulling them hard. His lips are slightly open and you can hear moans that signals you that he's uneasy.

"Wake up, Drew." You touch his shoulder to shake it but he's scorching that you pull it away. It appears as if he has a very high fever, a high fever that the thermometer would blow up. This isn't normal and you slightly panic over it because you don't know what to do.

You find something for him to poke because it's really burning your fingers. What mutation, you believe is the word, does he has? It's pointless to ponder about that now. A nearby water jug is place on the bedside table and you quickly grab it and prod him with it and saying his name.

"No... It's not me." He mutters and you ignore him. He's really breathing heavily and fast. Next thing you know, you hear a shout. Not Drew's shout but someone's shout. One of a man's. ­

"Drew, you wake up right now, you're scaring me!" You keep shaking him until his gray eyes slowly flutter. You stop poking him and heave a heavy sigh of relief.

"Y/N?" He sighs heavily, trying to catch his breathe. His chest is going up and down and yours as well.

"I'm here." You say, you take hold of the bedside table to balance yourself. "What the hell was that?" you exhale.

Suddenly, a loud bang comes from downstairs follow by a shout of Drew's name. What the hell's going on now? Someone or a few of them, since you don't only hear one pair of footsteps, are going to the kitchen. It's the same voice that created the shout before Drew woke up, seemingly familiar.