Hope

Today, I had a revelation

And upon further contemplation, I would like to share.

That I- No, we are naive to the wonders and the horrors of our world.

To the children who are sick and beaten,

To the people who have not yet eaten,

& to the beings we demolish with our construction of the influential suction of society's tempting seduction.

But I am not sorry for what has happened, I only look forward to what the future will patent.

Relief of the pain in our hearts, does not come from inside a bottle. 

Its liquids leave stains where life could and should have gotten better.

I torture myself whenever I see the word, 'sympathetic', the only appellation I see is the word 'pathetic'. 

But I could only wish I could find another designation, like the word many use as, 'Empathetic'.

I learned a lot more things by experience, and I don't need no A+ to prove it.

We are not victims, we are survivors. 

And there ain't nobody from heaven or hell that you can compare to. 

Because there isn't anyone else with a personality, an imagination and an attitude quite as unique as you do.

It is our choice to stand strong when others knock us down. 

Inch by inch, we will eventually reach the touchdown.

There are people who care, but we feel like our life's are spiraling into disrepair. 

We don't have to be penniless or a millionaire, thoughtless or thoughtful to have fallen into a bottomless hole of deep, dark despair.

Life is a bitch, but I believe it's about time we drove it out of the ditch.

There are people who love us and would do anything for us.

They believe in us, even when we are drowning in our own sanity.

Their kind smiles and their gentle hands are a lifeboat and its what seems to keep us afloat,

clinging onto the last strand of hope.