Part Three.

I had planned on spending the rest of the evening with him. Well maybe not in a literal sense, but I did hope to see him and spend time with him. My train of thought halts as I walk into the corner store, the very mundane hang out. He’s sitting at the table with all of his friends, talking and laughing. I stand there staring at him, just feeling in my heart the way my mood changes, the way my body reacts. He looks up from his friends, his eyes locking with mine, not leaving them for a second as he walks over to me. I feel my veins running with liquid fire as his hand touches mine lightly. My belly lights off in sparks, If this isn’t love… I sure don’t know what is.

 “You didn’t tell me you’d be out tonight.” He says to me, grabbing my hand and leading me to the table with his friends. He asks me if I want anything before buying me a drink anyways. I sigh, slouching into the table. He's here... Memories flashing involuntarily behind my closed eyelids and I can’t help but wonder why now? Memories flash cascading too fast for me to pause and really reminisce but long enough to rip at my heart. I lurch forward in my chair getting up to leave; the memories assaulting my mind are too much to bear in front of Him. The one for the lack of trust, the one who made me realize, there's no humanity left in anyone. They're scum. My eyes burn and I choke back a sob as I quicken my pace out the corner stores open doors. I rest my back against the wall, fighting with myself.

 And then I feel arms wrapping around my waist and I lash out, until I hear Zach’s voice, as he holds me, tightening his grip against my flinching arms. I sob into his jacketed chest and he runs his hand down my back. Not questioning my assault of tears, not questioning once, just letting me burry my tears into his clothing.

 “Walk with me?” He asks, holding the paid drinks in one hand as he takes my hand and walks far away from the store before he speaks.

 They’re friends, I knew that. I feel like bashing my head against a wall or something remotely hard. I wonder if he knows, I wonder if he cares what his best friend has done to me, my heart aches; But not with longing, only anger and repulsion. Before I even realize it my mouth is open spilling everything about him, about my mother, about my doubts, worries and problems. My voice flashes from rage to hurt, hurt to worry, worry to pain, and back to rage. He walks silently besides me listening crucially.

 “And then there’s this.” I pull up my sleeve exposing my wrist. His whole body rages with tension as he stops walking and takes my wrist. Standing in the middle of the street his thumb traces my scars, making my eyes roll back. I sigh his touch sending shivers down my spine.

  He says my name... My name on his tongue makes the shivers wrack my entire body. His thumb reaches out to wipe away the unwanted tears I hadn’t noticed trailing down my flushed cheeks. I reach out to wrap my arms around his waist, his warmth flooding in through my flesh and searing me down to my bones. When he finally wraps his arms around my shoulders, the sobs begin to take over my body. He rocks me side to side, whispering in my ear to hush.

  By the time my tears won’t fall, he pulls me away from him and I whine from the lack of his touch. He tilts my chin to look at him, but I try to look away.

  His voice turns impatient as he demands my attention. I look into his blue eyes and I can feel the world dissipating from under me. I love those eyes. He frowns and I frown with him, he asks me to stop. No, he doesn't ask. He tells me to promise him, promise I won't harm myself. We stare at each other for a long time,

  "I can't promise you that." I mumble.

  He yells, yells at me to promise. But not in a way of anger, in a way of desperation. He's scared almost... I notice the way his gaze wavers. He cares about me to greatly

  "Okay..." I pull my sleeve down. "I promise you." I promise Zach, I won't resort to such sickening methods of relief. Just please, don't leave me. He reaches out and grabs my hand, continuing walking as if nothing had happened. He doesn't realize how much a promise means to me... I keep my promises.

  We end up sitting on the curb, I’m huddling in my coat, my hip right against his.

  My mom’s late in picking me up; I wonder if she's passed out drunk. He stays beside me though, in this absurdly cold weather, I tell him not to bother, that he should just go home and that he doesn't need to stay.

  But he responds with something like: "Yes, I do." and I can tell that that is his final say. My thoughts whirl with his over protectiveness, a smile spreads across my face. He smiles back at me. He’s asked me out before, since September he’s been here… Is he crazy? He must be. His hand reaches out to push strands of my hair out of my face, and without thinking I snuggle in to his palm. I hear his breath sputter out almost like he’s sighing. My heart takes off from the sounds. I want to tell him everything I know, everything I feel.

  Before I know it my step father is pulling into the parking lot, looking pissed off as hell, I sigh and stand before any words are said. I start walking towards the vehicle, and his voice follows after me.

  “Please be safe beautiful.” Barely audible for me to hear, my cheeks flush from his compliment. I mumble under my breath promising I would try to.

  » N O T E, yes. I know it's a wee bit short, but I don't think this story needed full blown details about every problem. Later on there will be minor details unfolding, learning slowly about the character.

-EDIT- I totally realized I didn't copy the promise part and add it here, eesh, that's like the biggest part.