If It Means He'll Protect You

Anxious!Mink x Anxious!Reader

Bottled up emotions burst out. Your whole body feels like it's exploding as you gasp and quickly exhale a huge breath. And then you feel like you've forgotten how to properly breath. Your body trembles in the aftermath of doing your absolute best to maintain your composure. Your eyes are widened like saucers as fear quickly seeps in. You forget where you are, how you've gotten into the situation, who was calmly walking to you and kneeling in front of you.

He looks emotionless, but his eyes tell a different story. They're warm and understanding. But your brain can't see it.

Don't come closer. I'm scared.

He hates it when you back away out of fear. It makes his guts twist and his chest ache. It reminds him of his victims, the people he hurt in futile attempts to push his tender self into the back of his mind. It reminds him of the self hatred he felt as he struck fear into the heart of a young man. He backed away from him just like you do, caged his face with his arms like you do.
The fact that you're his whole heart and soul makes it worse. He's your safety, your protector. Why can't he take this pain away? Why can't he calm you with his presence? The essence of his wrongdoings plagues the both of you.

"Don't hurt me."

"I won't." He says in almost a whisper, a large hand slowly setting itself on your head. You shrink back.

Don't do that. . .

The tanned calloused palm slides itself down to your upper back, his other hand resting on your shoulder. He pulls you into his chest. You object with feeble attempts to push him away, but your strength slowly dies as the fear consumes you and leaves you defenseless.

"I'm here. And I'll protect you. I'll hold you like this for as long as you need me to."

"Please let go, I'm so afraid!"

He knows he should not even have involved himself with you. Yet his selfish desires keep whispering in his ear, She's yours and only yours. She was made for you. It's destiny that connected you. You two belong together. She, a soul that remains pure even when looking death itself in the face, belongs to you, a heartless and possessive demon. He casts aside his knowledge of what's right and what's wrong for the need to hold you close like this until your erratic grasping for air calms to steady breathing. Until your small trembling frame falls limp into his large one. Until your eyes close as you savor his touch.

He smells like cinnamon. He's so warm. I feel. . . safe. I want him to stay with me.

"Don't let me go."

What a terrible man he is. He will taint your pure existence. He will leave behind his scent of death on you. His demons will terrorize him and leave an impact on you too.

But he's willing to do all of this with a caring smile upon his face. He'll mask his past with a gentle touch, a kiss filled with nothing but love.

And in the end he'll drag you down to Hell with him, where he'll continue to protect you.