Self-Control: Part 1

[A/N]: Hello there! So, this is the first part of my genderswap AU for Jily. I am actually posting this as a six chapter story in ao3, ff.net and tumblr, but it's going to be only two here. Which is why the chapter is so big. Not all characters will be introduced right away, but, just so you know, everyone has changed genders and their names will sound very similar to their original names in the Harry Potter world: Jamie - James, Liam - Lily, Sirena - Sirius, Marcus - Marlene, Allen - Alice, Remy - Remus, Petra - Peter, Frankie - Frank. The next part will come soon. Enjoy and please let me know what you think. 

"What's up, Evans?"

Liam looked up from his book to find Jamie Potter staring him, her arms folded over the top of the armchair across from him. She was smirking, her hazel eyes twinkling behind her glasses and her black hair looking as messy as ever. She winked at him before moving to sit in the armchair. She crossed her legs, her smirk never going away. Now, Jamie Potter was an expert in the arts of teasing and flirting, especially when those were directed at him (which, most of the time, they were). Therefore, she knew exactly what she was doing to him here. She knew that, with the movement, her skirt had ridden up and that that now gave him a privileged view of her legs. And Merlin, those girl's legs, but he couldn't let her lead him like this.

"I'm reading a very interesting book right now, Potter, so, please, if you don't mind, don't interrupt." He directed his gaze back down to the book, trying to concentrate on the words and get his mind off of the siren in front of him. Hogwarts, the four founders, Godric Gryffindor... God damn it. But she just sat there, one hand messing her hair up in a way that should make it look weird and ugly, and instead only made it look incredibly attractive. And why was he thinking about how attractive she was when he should be reading? Reading, Liam, you're reading.

"Oh, but the thing is, Evans, I do mind. I doubt that book comes even close to being as interesting as me, so come on, give a girl some attention, will you? It's been a very dull day, and those green eyes of yours are probably the one thing that can make it interesting." He fought hard against himself to keep looking at the book, even if he wasn't really being able to comprehend any of the words in front of him.

"Sorry, Potter, but I'm busy." He heard her let out a little laugh at his grumbled remark before she stood up. From the corner of the eye he saw as she walked up and sat down next to him on the couch, way closer than necessary – she obviously made sure that her thigh was touching his even though it was a three person couch. He still didn't look up at her, though, even if now, with her new accommodation, her legs were exactly in his line of vision as he stared down at his book, he still thought that would be better than having to look into her hazel eyes or see her crooked smile.

"Now, I disagree with that, Evans. You've read 'Hogwarts, a History' at least... What? One hundred times? And right now you're not reading a word of what's written in that book of yours! Your eyes have been staring at the same spot since I arrived here. That's not exactly reading, is it?" She teased him as she dragged a hand through his hair, her nails scratching his scalp slightly. He shook her off, trying to ignore the sensations that her action had caused on his body, and she giggled a bit.

"Well, I'm trying to, but you're distracting me." He muttered and almost cursed out loud, because he knew those had been the wrong words to say the moment they left his mouth.

"Oh, am I?" She said in an amused tone, one of her hands starting to trail up his arm and she crossed her legs again, her grin bigger than ever.

"Bloody hell, Potter. What do you want?" He let go of his book in frustration and turned to her, but his voice was tight as he tried to remember how to breathe normally because she was really close to him at that particular moment, and the frustrating lass noticed it, as she always did, letting out a little laugh again.