001

I'm pretty sure your winter break isn't supposed to start off with a monster trying to kill you, but if that's how yours goes, I'm not going to judge.
     A large crash was heard downstairs and I heard my mother scream. I went to the sight of the scream to see if everything was alright, but what I saw, I wish was only in a nightmare and not reality. A large beast, one with only a single eye, a cyclops I believe. My mother though, she appeared to be different. Her hair was longer, she seemed to be younger, and she had an ethereal aura about her.
     "Mom?" a familiar voice, my sister Julia. My mom looked at us and told us to get her the old ceramic vase with white swans painted carefully painted onto it. Julia tossed it to her and my mom threw it against the cyclops, yelling "Elefthérosi." With that, three large, white swans were released and immediately sensed the danger. They frantically did their best to at least distract the monster from us. The cyclops growled loudly as one began to constantly peg its eye.
     Julia and I looked at the sight in disbelief, yet Mom looked at it in a sad manner. She turned to my sister and I and said, "Julia, Belle, you-" she choked out, "-you two need to leave." We weren't even able to react before the cyclops got angry and slammed its fist into our house. The swans were laying on the floor helplessly, their white feathers covered with a gold dust. The cyclops turned to Julia and I and had and evil grin on its ugly face. This was it, this is where we're gonna die.
     As the cyclops was going to reach for us, an arrow shot his arm, making it bleed out gold dust that was similar to the swans'. A young woman, with pale skin and brown hair went up the the cyclops, ruthlessly attacking it. My eyes widened at the scene.
     Once she appeared to be done, she put her bow over her shoulder. "Hello, Belle. Hello, Julia. I am Artemis, the Greek goddess of the Hunt, the moon, and the natural environment."