Part 30 - 2 weeks

We were at the office working when the phone rang. Jamie answered it and said someone was asking for Robert so he picked it up.
"Downey here. Yes I remember. When? I'm not sure I can do that. Alright but I can't promise anything." he says and hangs up the phone.

He looked like something was bothering him. I guess it's because of the phone call.
"Who was was it?" I ask concerned.
"It was a client."
"If it was just a client then why are you like that?"
"She told me to go to New York to help with her case. I had completely forgotten about her."
"For how long?" I ask with sad voice.
"I don't know...one , two weeks. Depends on the work."
"Are you going?"
"I don't want to leave you here baby but I'm afraid I can't ignore the client. I'd tell you to come but we have other cases here."
"I understand...when are you leaving?"

He comes behind me, takes my hand and we both sit on the couch.
"I have to be there tomorrow so I must leave today." he says and hugs me.
I was feeling so sad and broken. I didn't want him to leave. Even if it was for two weeks. I've been with him for half a year now and I'm used to having him for company. I felt my eyes getting hotter and tears falling.
Robert noticed it and held me tighter and wiped the tears with his thumb.
"Baby, don't cry please. I hate seeing you like that."
"I'm sorry. It's just that you may be there for more than two weeks, Robert. We know how cases work."
"No no no. I can't last for so long away from you." he says lightly laughing.
"You're right. You are going to die of loneliness." I say sarcastically.
"I love you ,Jenny." he says and kisses me.
"I love you, too."

Robert bought a ticket to New York and he's leaving at 8 pm. Obviously we left from the office earlier because he must get ready.
"Honey, come here please." Robert shouted from our bedroom.
I walk to the bedroom and find him putting his clothes in his suitcase. As soon as he sees me he comes in front of me and grabs my hands.
"You really want to ingnore me right now? I'm leaving in an hour and you leave me alone in our bedroom to take care of my suitcase." he says sweetly.
"I can't watch you getting ready to leave. It makes me sad."

He opens his arms and hugs me. I rest my head on his shoulder.
"I promise we'll talk every single day and I'll try to visit you."
"I bet we will. You're not getting rid if me so simple. This client.. is she a friend of yours?"
"Yes she is. I know her since I was a kid."
"Did you two ever..you know..?"
"Well only a few times, nothing serious. Don't worry about it."
"Don't worry about it? You are going to be with her for 2 weeks every day and I know you barely handle 1 week without sex when I have my period. And you two have history."
"I will be good honey. I can handle my feelings. Unless you're around..then I can't."
"I trust you I don't trust her."
"Let's talk about something else. I have to go in 45 minutes how about we take advantage of that time?" he says kissing my neck.
"Oh God I can't resist you."

He collapsed on top of me. Both of us breathing heavily and fast.
"You wanna go again?" he asks.
"No, Robert you have to leave in a few minutes. Get dressed."
He kisses me and gets up. While he is getting dressed I'm under the bed sheets looking at him. He shighs and sits on the bed next to me.
"Don't be sad. Think about our reunion. It's gonna be awesome I promise."
I nod my head and hug him.
"Honey can you do something for me?" he whispers in my ear smirking.
I'm sure he is thinking of dirty stuff.
"Depends on what you want."
"Can you pose naked on the bed so I can take a picture of you?" he asks with a childish smile.
"Oh no I'm not doing it."
"Baby, please. I won't be able to touch you for 2 weeks at least let me look at your sexy naked body."
"So you wanna look at my naked body while you're on a business trip?"
"I won't look at it while I'm working. I will have it as my wallpaper for 2 weeks and look at it when I'm alone in my room." he winks at me.
"Are you insane? You won't have me naked as your wallpaper. Anyone could see it."
"What about a butt pic as my wallpaper?"
I roll my eyes and throw a pillow at him.
"Okay I get it. Not you naked as my wallpaper. But a picture for my pleasure? I will be the only one watching it. I don't want anyone to look at you naked. You're mine and only mine."
"Nice try Downey."
"Please please please please."
"Stop begging you pathetic little perv." I say laughing.
"First of all, I don't want to be called little. It hurts my ego. And second, I'm not a pervert. I will be horny for 2 weeks without you. I will need something to calm me down."
"My answer is still no. But if you try hard you can convince me one of these days."
"That's a bet I'm willing to win."
"I'm going to the kitchen to make you something to eat while you finish packing your clothes. You have 10 minutes left."
"Okay."

I made him two sandwiches because one is never enough for him. Seriously he manages to have this super sexy and toned body and at the same time he eats like a pig. I wish that happend to me too. Basically, I can't argue with that. I kinda do the same. He comes in the kitchen with his suitcase.
"These are for me? I love you."
"I didn't know that I had to make you two sandwiches to earn your love."
"You had already earned it. I have to go now though. Promise me you'll be okay?"
"I'll be fine, Robert. You are the one that needs to be careful."
"I'm a grown man, you know."
"You don't act like one, baby."
"Anyway, there's one thing I want before leaving."
"What's that?"
"You will be at the office with Jamie for 2 weeks and I don't trust him completely so if he tries anything promise me you'll fire him."
"Ugh, Robert, stop trying to fire him. I won't let him do anything I promise."
"I only have one minute left come here. I've called for a taxi."

I run over to him and literally jump on him and hug him. We share a very passionate kiss and after that I stand on my feet.
"Text me when you arrive."
"Are you sure? It's going to be like 3 am here."
"I'm sure. I'll see it in the morning and I'll be relaxed that you're okay. Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
He gets in the taxi and waves at me smiling while they're leaving. Oh I'm gonna miss him. After all it's just 2 weeks right?