The pendant

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Misha, Happy Birthday to you." Aunt Kyla smiled and gave Misha her birthday cake.

"Thank you Aunt Kyla," She started eating her cake and gave a piece to Tina, as she was there with them. There was going to be a party later on that night at the hill (The town had farm lands on the outskirts and the was a massive hill there that the local teenagers use for parties) but Aunt Kyla always had a small celebration before heading to the canyon.

" When you finish that, come into the lounge room for your present and then we will head off." Aunt Kyla walked into the lounge room.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Tina looked at her friend suspiciously, knowing that it hurt Misha every year.

"No I should be O.K, plus you know how Kyla acts when I want t change her routine... Thanks for being here now though, I truly appreciate it." Misha's smile beamed across the table at Tina.

"No worries bub."

"Oh wow Aunt Kyla!" Misha pulled the necklace and pendant out of the small lavender box. The chain was thin and silver, but you could tell it was expensive. The pendant was immensely beautiful. It was a gem of some type that has been cut into a flame shape. The base of the flame was a bright red, and it had a silver attachment so it could go on the necklace. As the flame went up (well down as it was an upside down flame) the colour faded. "This is gorgeous! Thank you so much!" tears were coming to Misha's eyes.

"It's O.K Misha, I am so glad you like it." Aunt Kyla smiled sadly at Misha, but she didn't notice, she was mesmerized by the pretty pendant. "Alright lets head off. I'll see you later Tina." She stood up.

"Bye Kyla, bye Misha, I'll see you later." Tina gave Misha a hug then went out the door. Misha put on the necklace and went to the car with Aunt Kyla.

"Remember to pay your respects every year Misha. Your parents gave up so much for you, you can give up at least 10minutes each year."

"Yes Aunt Kyla I know... Wait what do you mean they gave up so much for me?" Misha looked at her Aunt confused.

"You will find out one day, just not today..."

"Why not? I'm 16 and I want to know what you are talking about! Please!"

"No, this isn't the time nor place. Now say your respects and let's go home. I know you want to go to the hill."

"Yes Aunt Kyla, sorry."

Sorry guys had to change it... It wasn't making any sense